CoinPeople.com

Vfox's Vfinds

Vfox

Thanks Mark!

Here are some of the Mexican coinage I got in a trade on CP, eBay and local coin shops. I love these designs, and am in the works of getting a big 'ol heap of Mexican silver thanks to Jeff!

1z48sbc.jpg

1z48tqb.jpg

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mark!

Here are some of the Mexican coinage I got in a trade on CP, eBay and local coin shops. I love these designs, and am in the works of getting a big 'ol heap of Mexican silver thanks to Jeff!

Top shelf hunks of silver from Mexico - I have several myself and really enjoy them.

Russian uhm...I think kopeks? I forget what its called :ninja:

And a high grade mercury dime with red/orange rim toning, pictures don't show the coins real lustre, which is brilliant, but that's common with this date.

1z6dwlt.jpg

1z6dwsp.jpg

1z6dydg.jpg

1z6dz7n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up this raw 1830 bust half dollar with nice obv rainbow toning. Looks like at least a F-Vf. Love the colors, but will probably re-sell shortly, bust coins are neat, but not something I normally buy more than one of.

208i528.jpg

208i5uw.jpg

208i5nn.jpg

208i61x.jpg

I just noticed this, but there is a very sharp die clash right behind the head, it's of the wing of the eagle, and below is part of the arrows in its claw. It's also really interesting that this clash is perfect alignment, while the actual coin itself is not perfectly aligned.

Thanks Jeff, I couldn't resist picking this up when I saw it, but it was actually the toning that made me want it, if I would have seen the die clash right away it wouldn't have even been a question wether to buy it or not. The dealer didn't even mention anything about it either, which is odd because he normally is on that kind of stuff. It's a shame the face isn't toned like the fields, but its still a nice rainbow coin.

Todays pile of coins. A set of Irish Euros and a handful of bi-metallic coins, a 1959 Mexican peso, a 1893 Mexican 10 centavos, a 1917 25 Pennia (looks german, not sure), and a 1942 Peso from Uraguay with an awesome puma on the rev. And last but not least a 2005 uncirculated set, and a 1962 proof set. (the proof is the one I'm going to carry in pocket, see my "proof set circulation fun" post for more.)

20psnra.jpg

Nice stuff :ninja:

Thanks Art, I'm really starting to get into foriegn coins lately, I think artistically, 80% of them blow our coins out of the water.

Some stuff from the coin shop, and a trade with Blackhawk. Loves me my Mexican and Chilean coins! Also, that's the first stone mountain I've ever owned, and I just love it!

21jty6c.jpg

21jtzr5.jpg

I'm actually going to end up selling that one, I don't collect fractional currency anymore, but this was a good price so I picked it up. $7 with shipping if you want it. :ninja:

Just noticed something else while photographing that bust half dollar. Not only is the obverse clashed, but the reverse as well. You can see what appears to be an unsidedown and backwards "LIB" of liberty from the obverse libertys cap. This coin keeps me interested I'll say that for sure!

23kszea.jpg

23kt73n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got some stuff off of eBay the other day, basically more Mexican to add to the pile, and a beautiful Chile 1/2 decimo (it's a Xf-Au but the scans make it look like crap, it's a great coin!) from gxseries. Woo!

25guqur.jpg

25gur8o.jpg

25guski.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got lots of junk since my last update, hard to get it all pictured though. Here is some of it.

1803 kettle token:

3zizr5i.jpg

2r3h5sl.jpg

Austrian and German coins out the wingwang:

2ds07bn.jpg

30rwwuf.jpg

358djt2.jpg

308b77n.jpg

2h2eb2w.jpg

29mpw8l.jpg