CoinPeople.com

Slipping away, rargh.

Vfox

I've fortunate enough to have first dibs on an old collection from a friend of mines husband, I had it all figured out today, what I wanted and its cost....then.......

BAM, hit a ruptured tire tred on the highway and broke the crap out of my car. :ninja:

So now it's the choice between a 500 dollar deductable, and having a fixed car, or a collection of coins. I tell you what, if I didn't have to drive 54 miles a day to school and back, I'd choose the coins.

Oh cruel fate lol :lol:

Yeah, so my car is all busted up, and now I am going to have to bite the bullet and get it fixed, sigh.

Not that this was an important thing to say, but man....I'm bummed lol, and just wanted to vent a lil.

I'd be less annoyed if it wasn't my first new car, and I didn't even have it for a year yet. But, I'm relaxed now heh...just one of those things, ya know.

Thanks for the sympathy though :ninja:

You could offer to pay monthly for the coins. The owner may go for that unless they need the money really bad, right now. You never know until you ask!

Sorry to hear about your luck though. My car has been dent/scratch free for three years until I moved. Now it has a dented fender, busted front bumper, scratched driver's door, and a dented/scratched hood. This from parking in a parking lot too.....

I have bought new cars and gotten them scratched up right away, or dented etc. So the most recent car I got is a Pontiac Sunfire, 13000 Miles, 2 yrs old, scratched up and small dents everywhere from my Grandmother attempting to learn to drive again, and not a scratch or dent since. When I acquired the car she offered to have it fixed and painted, I declined. Nobody even cuts me off in that car. It is as though the evidence is plain, leave it alone or else!

Hmmmm ... Maybe get the coins, then find a good carpool ... :ninja:

Hmmmm ... Maybe get the coins, then find a good carpool ... :lol:

hehe, something tells me that nobody wants to drive 56 miles to school with me, four times a week. :cry: That and I like my car lol....I messed around with it last night though, got everything were it should be for the most part....some brackets are broken that needs replaced, and the radiator is dented really bad underneath so I think I better get that fixed, I don't want to have to walk all the way home. :ninja:

I've fortunate enough to have first dibs on an old collection from a friend of mines husband, I had it all figured out today, what I wanted and its cost....then.......

BAM, hit a ruptured tire tred on the highway and broke the crap out of my car.  :ninja:

So now it's the choice between a 500 dollar deductable, and having a fixed car, or a collection of coins. I tell you what, if I didn't have to drive 54 miles a day to school and back, I'd choose the coins.

I would say go for both. I just spent the past two weekends working on my car (it did not pass inspections). Had some welding work done to fix some rust spots, did the rest myself: changed the rear shocks (picked up some used shocks from a scrap yard), repaired a broken joint in the rear anti-sway bar, etc. etc. Cost a lot, which I do not have. At the same time there was an auction here with some stuff that I could not resist bidding on. (Un)Fortunately :lol: I won some items and will pick them up next week. I have no funds to pay for them. Oh well, into debt I go. :cry:

I would say go for both. I just spent the past two weekends working on my car (it did not pass inspections). Had some welding work done to fix some rust spots, did the rest myself: changed the rear shocks (picked up some used shocks from a scrap yard), repaired a broken joint in the rear anti-sway bar, etc. etc. Cost a lot, which I do not have. At the same time there was an auction here with some stuff that I could not resist bidding on. (Un)Fortunately  :cry:  I won some items and will pick them up next week. I have no funds to pay for them. Oh well, into debt I go. :lol:

Ah debt, my lifelong companion! ;) Actually I've been really lucky that I haven't needed to resort to a credit card yet, so I'm not in debt right now. Unless you count the 17,000 for my car and the 34623647627486387463876832468324862386436638246834682386486873287326427842783782

346324786234623663278478236487 for my school. :ninja: I basically live on my bank account, which is now at like $15 dollars lol...So I'm not ganna eat for a little while haha. I got an estimate, it'll cost $2,216 to get my car fixed, 500 of which I'm accountable for, and luckily the guy with the coins is understanding and will let me place some back for when I get money in a few weeks! So, although I'm strapped for cash...I can make it!

Archived