CoinPeople.com

BIG! HAPPY! JOY TIME NEWS!!!!!!!

jtryka

Well, as most of you know, today was our local Elkhart Coin Club Annual Show. And this being my first show as a member, I decided to put together an exhibit showing the history of the Double eagle, noting the types from 1850, all the way through FDR's executive order to the present day. Well, the first piece of BIG HAPPY JOY TIME NEWS is that my display won "BEST IN SHOW"!!! ;):D;)

Ok, now for the second piece of BIG HAPPY JOY TIME NEWS, which is so MUCH BIGGER, since some of you had purchased raffle tickets from me which is our annual fundraiser. Well, I think we raised more funds this year than last, though we don't have the totals yet. But the really big news is that the GRAND PRIZE WINNER of the raffle was none other than our very own:

TIFFIBUNNY!!!

:ninja:;);):lol::cry:

CONGRATULATIONS TIFF! You won an 1880 Liberty $10 gold piece, and I saw it at the show today and it is a really nice one! They will be sending it to you by registered mail in a week or so. And thank you to everyone else that bought tickets, I really appreciate it, and so does our club (and don't feel too bad, I bought a dozen tickets and didn't win anything!).

Congrats to Jeff on the exhibit win. That's outstanding.

Congrats to Tiffibunny on the gold win! That's a great weekend surprise!!!

Yes, it's awesome news, though I'm not sure how I feel about "Best in Show" kinda makes me feel like a well behaved cocker spaniel!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I also bought a 1909-S Philippine peso, a 1934 Cuban peso and a 1966 Bahamas $5 at the show too (and thus spent all my money!).

Guest Sasquatch

OMG! Tiff is gonna faint! :ninja:

Congrats to both of you! When I read about your exhibit this morning...I thought to myself...He's gonna win. :lol:

Well, it was an honor to win. There were not too many exhibits, but the ones that were there were pretty high quality in my opinion. One member had a complete exhibit of peace dollars, one circ set and one BU set all slabbed. He even had a 1964-D copy, which looked eerily close to a real peace dollar! :ninja: Another member displayed a complete set of Liberty nickels from 1883-1912 which had some gorgeous unc. and proof issues. Another had a great exhibit of wooden nickels from all over the country, from the early 1900s to the present. Still another had an awesome display of the silver denarius, with types for each emperor from Augustus throught to the last guy in the late 3rd century (I can't remember his name). Overall it was a very fun show.

As for Tiff, they all were stunned when they pulled the first prize ticket and it was from someone in St. Paul! I explained it was a friend of mine that I sold a ticket to over the internet. Another woman I work with won 6th prize (5 oz. of silver) so she'll be happy tomorrow. I debated calling Tiff, but I figure she'll be surprised enough when she eventually logs on.

Yes, it's awesome news, though I'm not sure how I feel about "Best in Show" kinda makes me feel like a well behaved cocker spaniel!

Well, the show's over now so you can go piddle on the carpet :ninja:

Congrats on the award!!!

Congratulations to both of you! :ninja:

...  And thank you to everyone else that bought tickets, I really appreciate it, and so does our club (and don't feel too bad, I bought a dozen tickets and didn't win anything!).

It doesn't matter how many tickets you buy, it's just very difficult to compete with Tiff's "Karma"... :lol:

Jose :cry:

Does Tiff even know yet that she won?

I do now. :ninja: That's awesome. There's going to be a happy Mom on Mother's Day. That is the one denomination she's missing. :lol:

Thanks for the offer to buy the tickets and congrats on a great presentation!!!

Archived