CoinPeople.com

How about these Prsidents?

Dockwalliper

They would look good if made of bronze and the size of a US Morgan dollar or bigger. You can't make much look good on a small brass-colored planchet.

While the lettering looks nice on paper, when engraved I think that the lettering on the newer US coins is computer generated...it always ends up looking like the lettering on the bottom of a cheap plastic toy.

While the lettering looks nice on paper, when engraved I think that the lettering on the newer US coins is computer generated...it always ends up looking like the lettering on the bottom of a cheap plastic toy.

YES!!!!

That especially bothers me on the commemoratives. The reverse on the 2006 Franklin scientist dollar is great, but the "E Pluribus Unum" is so blandly executed it is distracting to the design.

I am not very fond of the designs on the President coins, but then again I really hate the whole idea.

Are these "official" designs? Just wondering because the George Washington piece just says "1st", not "1st U.S. President". But they look OK. What I like is that the inscriptions are always a little different - not just one same style and place ...

Christian

Like so many I really don't like the whole presidental coin idea. And just like the new nickel the design looks good on paper, but I'm not impressed with coin itself. But still I guess I'll have to wait & see what the coins look like in person.

The mint could still surprise us with great details & high relief...but I really doubt it.

I think they concept is great, but the execution is so lacking. The new nickels looked amazing on paper, but the non-proof ones look like a chimp or something. I personally love the idea, and the nickel proof is amazing, but the regular circ ones are .....well.....I have some rolls.....but not a huge fan. I figure it will be the same for these coins, although with the gold tone, and the "spotty" metal they use, I really think these will be mainly junk. Not to say I wont get them lol. :ninja:

Archived