CoinPeople.com

So I stroll into my bank today Part 2 $250 more

kryptonitecomics

So now it is on to Chapter two as I have acquired and opened the other $250 worth of Half dollar rolls from the bank. Did I find anymore Silver you ask.......... :ninja:

newrolls.jpg

Well I know the suspense is killing you so let's not delay any further....

newrolls2.jpg

In the new batch I found:

(19) 40% Kennedy Halves

(1) 90% Kennedy Half

(6) Franklin halves

so that bring my grand total up to :

(34) 40% Kennedy Halves

(2) 90% Kennedy Halves

(11) Franklin Halves

(1) Walking Liberty Half

newrolls3.jpg

All in all not a bad haul for a very skeptical roll searcher and certainly a tale the proves that there is still some good stuff left in rolls :lol:

Another fantastic haul!

Well let's see, as of silver price right now you have (assuming my math is right):

$68.25 in 40% Kennedys

$68.46 in 90% halfs

So ~$137 in silver content alone. And people say searching rolls isn't worth it. HA! Worst thing is you are out the cost of the coins you keep plus gas. The rest of the funds can just be cycled back through.

And silver was last used in 1964?

Well yes and no. 1964 was the last year for circulating 90% silver halfs. 1965-1970 there were circulating 40% silver clad Kennedys (rough 0.1479oz of silver per half).

That's a great story. You are having marvelous luck. Thanks for sharing. Some of the Frrankies look to be in excellent condition. :ninja:

I am actually not out the gas because.....I had to make deposits both days and was not making additional trips outside of what I would have already even without getting the halves :ninja:

Now the effort to get all the clads deposited in my account might bite into my profits but hey I had fun and it was essentially free money for the taking :lol:

Don't know but her name and account number was still on the box of Halves that I picked up :ninja:

Talk about a HUGE privacy issue! If we let something like that walk out of our bank and that lady some how found out and reported it, teller=fired!

Happened about a month ago when someone mistakenly gave out info to someone not on the account.

BTW, great finds ! Whatcha going get with the loot?

Talk about a HUGE privacy issue! If we let something like that walk out of our bank and that lady some how found out and reported it, teller=fired!

Happened about a month ago when someone mistakenly gave out info to someone not on the account.

How is that a privacy issue? Your name and account number are printed on every check you write.

Don't know but her name and account number was still on the box of Halves that I picked up :ninja:

BTW, great finds ! Whatcha going get with the loot?

I have picked up several rolls with account numbers plus name, address, phone numbers. Thought it odd myself.

it's 2006.  who writes checks anymore?!?

Many people, check writing has leveled off but has not declined yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to go to your bank.

Went through nearly $300 worth of halves last month, ZERO silver. 1971 and 1976 dominated the rolls. One roll had 15 1976's in it!

I am sure I would have better odds of being struck by lightning then to walk into my bank and get half dollar rolls again........they just never have them. Seems like after I posted my finds on PCGS......threads popped up all over the place talking about Silver finds in half dollar rolls........................looks like I rekindled roll searching for some.... :ninja:

I am sure I would have better odds of being struck by lightning then to walk into my bank and get half dollar rolls again........they just never have them. Seems like after I posted my finds on PCGS......threads popped up all over the place talking about Silver finds in half dollar rolls........................looks like I rekindled roll searching for some.... :ninja:

I hope that you have rekindled some roll searching. It's lots of fun. Gosh, I'm going to get some rolls tomorrow. Cents, nickels, quarters?, halves, and maybe a few dollar rolls.

I tried this trick today, spent $150.00 and got....*drumroll* 1 silver kennedy (64) lol. I got a crap-ton of uncs though....so I seperated about $30.00 worth out, and will be taking the rest back to the bank heh. It may not have been profitable, but it was fun! :ninja:

Archived