CoinPeople.com

Anninsk Mint

Ian

Outstanding coins.  So tempting!

The ones from Anninsk are usually found (when you can find them that is) in higher grades. They just don't appear to have seen the same degree of circulation as the EM equivalent dates.

No copper collection is complete without at least one of these hefty substitute ice hockey pucks. :ninja:

Of course, AM coins didn't get much circulated as the mint was only opened from 1789-1798, which is awfully short. Hence such coins are often in decent grades, as well as they did not manage to get much circulation. Not to forget, the copper hockey pucks were domonationed by the Ekaterninburg copper industry.

On the other hand, there are two more "mysterious" mints, which are KM and TM. KM is a mint in Suzun, which operated from 1766 - 1847, which struck siberian copper coins. And of course, without saying much, the legendary mint TM, Tauric Mint in Pheodosia minted coins in just two years, which is 1787 and 1788. Sadly that mint was closed down as quality from that mint was too poor to be accepted.

I particularly like the Anninsk mint because its output is contemporaneous with the french revolution and the rise to power of Napoleon.

Thanks for the data concerning Tauric. I've come across the Siberian pieces already and have one or two somewhere but Dave's collection of these would beat mine hands down.

No copper collection is complete without at least one of these hefty substitute ice hockey pucks.  :lol:

I do not even collect copper (with certain exceptions) and I had to get one of these! My silver crowns are a bit jealous of it though. :ninja: (mind you, mine is E.M.)

Archived