CoinPeople.com

67th Central States Numismatic Society Convention

Burks

Just seeing as to who will be attending this show. It is from 4/26 - 4/29 in Columbus, OH. I see that PCGS will be there doing on site grading.

I will be there for sure on Saturday, probably going to bring my family along as well. Hope to see a few of you there :ninja:

I know ANACS generally does free verbal evaluations. In the past, NGC also does more informal evaluations, so if you think it might be bodybagged, you can ask ahead of time. They charge the same rate at shows, but if you submit there you save the postage and time to their office.

Sorry that I will not be able to attend. I am taking time off from work to make the MSNS show, April 7-9, so I will not have the opportunity to goto Columbus, unfortunately.

As for Third Party Graders at shows, while they are there to get submissions, to sell their services, they do give free opinions. Those opinions tend to be conservative, honest and correct -- great for avoiding authentication problems. If you are not sure that a 62 will make 63, they probably will not tell you, but they will tell you what you know: it's a 62.

Submissions are something else entirely and as has been said, you get the coin to the grader then and there with one less trip through the mails.

I do not schedule his shows, but I would look for JOHN BURNS at CSNS. He lives outside Pittsburgh, so Columbus is easy for him to make and I did shop with him back in 2001 at another CSNS show in Columbus. For those who do not know John, he is a literature dealer. He has the books you need... also magazines, auction catalogs, and ephemera. You will find other suppliers (Alco, for instance) who sell CURRENT books. John sells RARE books.

You can find out more about CSNS here:

http://www.centralstates.info/

The specials I recall seeing are usually for the walk through service. You can drop of some coins and pick them up at the end of the show. I forget the price, but it only matters if you're slabbing 4 digit coins and better.

Archived