CoinPeople.com

Newest circulation find

jeniffer007

i got a 2006 penny from eckerd.  it's hard to find any coin dated before 1964.  have any of you find some recently and how?.

It's very hard to find anything before 1964. Why you might ask? Because those dimes, halves, and quarters contained silver. That's why when people find them, they keep them.

Last silver coin I found was a 40% Kennedy out of a roll.

i got a 2006 penny from eckerd.  it's hard to find any coin dated before 1964.  have any of you find some recently and how?.

I get Jeffersons from the 50s fairly frequently, sometimes even the 40s. I'm sure I wouldn't if there had been a metal or design change, tho. Older Jeffs linger better than other coins, because they don't look unusual. I've had silver once in a while in the last couple years, nothing earlier than '62.

Best I ever did age-wise was back in '75 when I had a paper route, I got both a Buffalo nickel and an Indian penny while collecting my route. That was about the time I found a 1942 silver Netherlands 10c piece in the alley... what that was doing in an alley in Northwest Ohio, I haven't a clue.

I went digging in the Coinstar machine today and found a Canadain quarter, a nickel and 2 dimes. Also got a US nickel and 4 pennys ( 1 was a wheat)

People around here must have teams of people keeping an eye on every return slot no matter what machine it is. I never find anything :ninja:

Archived