CoinPeople.com

Why do I keep wasting my money on Ebay????

kryptonitecomics

Ouch. I never understood why some people use harsh steel-wool cleaning. Yeah, it's shiny, but it's so scratched?! :ninja:

I don't know why you'd try to hide it on a coin like this. It's pretty much a bullion piece either way.

Cut the bottom off a gallon milk jug, put it over the coin and you take a pic through the top hole.  It makes the coin white and a lot of people use it to take nice pics, but it also hides scratches, cleaning, etc.

Ahh, interesting. Sound like the homemade equivalent of those photp domes for sale on the net.

Guest Stujoe

There are so many tricks to photos that people can use to mislead either intentionally or unintentionally. Another one is the extreme angle shot. You can often tilt a coin a big amoount when taking a picture and suddenly the surfaces look smooth as a baby's bottom.

I have tried the milk jug method before to try and get rid of hotspots from lighting. It diffuses the light which helps to eliminate them. But, my coins always ended up looking rahter un-natural when I tried it. Now, I use the patented Tiffibunny lights to light my photos. :ninja: Some people also use the milk jug thing to bring out color in their coins.

I like toning. It makes the coin look cool.

To be honest, I didn't like toning either when i first started collecting coins (in January :ninja: ) I'm really starting to think they are cool now, they have such an amazing amount of color and "life" to them! This gentleman that posted it seems to have quite the collection too!

Doug

To be honest, I didn't like toning either when i first started collecting coins (in January  :lol: )  I'm really starting to think they are cool now, they have such an amazing amount of color and "life" to them!  This gentleman that posted it seems to have quite the collection too!

Doug

Thanks.....all I really focus on collecting is toned coins.....I wouldn't have it any other way :ninja:

Coin appears to have been exposed to some type of very corrosive gaseous or otherwise aerosolyzed contaminant which may ultimately result in overall damage to the patina.

While I can't say with 100% certainty that this did not occur......I think that the chance of this are remote at best as the color and patterns on this coin are very typical with Album toned coins. I would also imagine that if this coin is left in the slab for say 10-20 years.....it won't look any different than it does today....meaning stable surfaces with no added contaminates......

but.......there is no way to be 100% sure since I was not there to see the original storage conditions :ninja:

Archived