CoinPeople.com

It's all in the lightbulbs...

Tiffibunny

Nope just me and my lil' ol hands.

:lol::ninja::cry:

Damn, girl ... you made of stone, or what ???

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was quite suprised not to see a tripod also. And just as much that the background was a book, I thought a piece of Denim :lol: And just as UncleBobo I use a countdown most of the time becasue even on the tripod the stupid thing moves when I hit the button.

Great setup Tiff, I should have one very similar soon :ninja:

-Bobby

OK, the question everyone really wants answered is.....  What is that book you're using for your background?!?

:ninja: I believe it is The History of America or just called America. I'll be more specific when I get down there in a few hours.

Yeah i am aware of the 230V as the 'new' standard, however when the electrician was around testing ours his equipment showed 250v more often than not. Why that should be who knows, be we are prone to power surges pretty frequently, the whole neighbourhood is.

Actually the closer you live to the power down transformer station from 10 000 Volts to 380 the closer you are to 240 Volt

The farther away the more you go to 220 volt

This is the reason they brought 380 volt and neuter to every house in the street

This ways there is less voltage loss per street travelled and there is much more balance and less peaks

I think the official span is 220-240 volt but would not be amazed it is more like

250 to keep the 220 at the end of the grid

It was the only plain colored book I came across at the time.  I've tried others since but I like this one best.   :ninja:

You don't need both covers, do you? So you can just send one of them my way. :lol:

Seriously, though, that does look like a good back ground. A fairly neutral color, not too light or dark and non reflective.

It's Patrick's book.  I think he would kill me if I ripped off one of the covers.  He's already mad that I scuffed the cover of his $80 book that he's never read.  :ninja:

If he has never read it, he won't miss the cover that is face down. :lol:

On a serious note, I think I might try a hard back book cover. No way I can copy your free hand style, though. I am fairly steady but not that steady!

If he has never read it, he won't miss the cover that is face down. :ninja:

I asked...

Stu wants to know if I can rip off one of the covers of the America book so he can use it to take pictures.

His reply.

HA!

I was curious to give one of these lightbulbs a try, so I got one and I was quite pleased with the results..

Before...

908905.jpg

And with the new bulb

908963.jpg

I do have to say it was not a controlled experiment since the pictures were taken in two different rooms with the light in different positions.

The color in the second set is exactly as it looks to the eye.

Overall, I was very pleased with the difference.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get good photographs of proofs and toned coins. :ninja:

I was curious to give one of these lightbulbs a try, so I got one and I was quite pleased with the results..

Before...

908905.jpg

And with the new bulb

908963.jpg

I do have to say it was not a controlled experiment since the pictures were taken in two different rooms with the light in different positions.

The color in the second set is exactly as it looks to the eye.

Overall, I was very pleased with the difference.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get good photographs of proofs and toned coins. :lol:

:ninja: I'm glad it can help others! Our first success story, besides mine that is.

Archived