When would you like PCI6 to start  

33 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like PCI6 to start

• April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • Other (please specify)

PCI6 will be the final PCI competition for 2006 and based upon PCI5 is expected to run for a few momnths.

Therefore thinking not only about this competition but also the distance between PCI6 and 7 when would you be most ready for it?

I appreciate that some of you may want time to purchase new coins or may be awaiting their arrival, whilst others might be itching to get the new competition off and running before the dust has had chance to settle on PCI5.

Therefore i thought i'd ask you guys. You have a week to vote, once the forum has agreed to a rough start date i'll post up the entrance threads a few weeks prior to the start date and thus you'll all have a few weeks to get coins entered in to the competition.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of March, so soon? It's do able but i was thinking if this starts in March then it'll probably run till about July and then from July-Jan there's a long way to go before PCI7, unless PCI7 was planned before 2007? But I'm easy so i'll go along with the general mood on this.

If everyone wanted March it could be started for march, but you guys would have to be quick at getting the photos up and to me. Although May's the fave at the moment.

I'll post expected categories before the week is out.

Realistically, if I could enter coins before the first week (maybe by the second week) of April, I don't care when the actual competition starts. :ninja:

If it is going to start later than that, maybe I could get a waiver to submit coins earlier if I knew what the categories are beforehand?

I can tell you if I was able to do PCI6, it probably wouldn't have started until December. :ninja: I am not so sure there was any burn out on the entrants or voters but there sure was a whole lof of burn out on the person running it!

One thing I would suggest is having Tiff or Anton, make up the PCI6 forum now and change the link under spotlight to point to the new PCI6 forum. That way more people will probably find there way to the new discussions no matter when it is going to start.

Anytime for me really. I enjoy the contests so much that the sooner the better. :lol: Of course more time might mean more material, but most of the new stuff that I have been after is 20th century silver crowns. And I can only enter so many of those. :ninja:

My thoughts entirely jlueke. Ideally i want the competition ended before September (because i'll be really busy from then onwards) so i don't want to leave the start date much later than May, based upon the competition taking about 3 months on the top side.

April/May seems to be the general consensus i'm equally happy to go with either, so whichever of those two is in the lead by Saturday we'll go with. Of course i haven't specified whether it's the beginning, middle or end of those months, but that can be worked out when i get the timetable of events up.

Ideally i want the competition ended before September (because i'll be really busy from then onwards) so i don't want to leave the start date much later than May, based upon the competition taking about 3 months on the top side.

You must be going to go fast! PCI5 took about 4 1/2 months from the first competition and that was doubling up in Rounds 1 and 2. And that was with 3 unfilled categories. With the recent growth of new members, you may get all of them filled this time.

Have you given any thought to how many entries and categories you are going to do this round?

My it has grown, well i can cope with 4 months from May, 4 1/2 if i start at the beginning of May.

Although to tell truth by the last month of that the amount of material being posted will have been reduced considerably, as is the way with this thing.

To start with i'll offer 16 places in each category (as a starting mark), and i'll then adjust those to either 8 or 32 as appropriate. I would prefer to avoid coins going together in threes if it can be avoided.

Although having said that i might put them all through in threes. Winner gets a grade A, non-winner/non-loser gets grade B, loser gets booted out.

The grade Bs then play off against each other until we get a winner for the Bs and the grade A's play each other of till we get a winner there, then A and B go together for the group final. It might prove utterly unfair though, but highly entertaining. Looking at it from another perspective though it might prove more popular because some borderline coins might benefit from it. By borderline i mean coins that would win the voting round "if it hadn't been placed against that one!". Sometimes a really good coin will get booted out because it happens to run into the favourite in round 1, maybe the graded system will give it a second chance.

It'll also help me break PCI up a bit and make it more managable. Especially since it's turning into such a monster of a competition.

I fancy a play around, an experiment this season.

Archived