CoinPeople.com

West African States 1972 500 Franc Essai Strike

jlueke

Banish that cleaned horror from your presence. I'll PM my mailing address.. :ninja:

A great coin. I really like the West African coins and notes.

Oh my, I'm in love. I've accumulated the odd piece with "primitive" art always meaning to start a collection some day. I have a couple of African masks and a beautiful art book from Belgium covering masks, but I had not seen your piece. That's spectacular (can you tell us more if you pay careful attention to the date and time I chose for your 1000th post, you are getting close and there are still days to go!!!!!).

In any event, thanks. I like the coin.

Well, I tend to post more on cold weekends where we stay at home :ninja:

The image is an Ashantee (Ashanti) fish. The Ashantee are the natives of Western Africa, this image is of a gold weight. The weight was used to help in the barter of fish for gold.

CGB on Vcoins has a bunch of these for sale, for those of you who need one. I'm sure the auction site does as well. The new issues are bi-metallic.

My piece is actual a nickel trial strike for the silver coin. Even though the mintage was 2000 compared to 100,000 the cost about the same.

I swore that I was putting purchases to rest for the next month, but I just had to have something like the piece you shared. Well, they had another piece in aluminum with the fish design. That let me stay with a primary collecting theme and add an interesting piece of art. Thanks for the tip.

Looks like I'm out of the 1000 post running. I didn't factor in the weather even though my wife was born and raised in Minneapolis. Stay warm.

Well, I tend to post more on cold weekends where we stay at home :ninja:

The image is an Ashantee (Ashanti) fish.  The Ashantee are the natives of Western Africa, this image is of a gold weight.  The weight was used to help in the barter of fish for gold.

CGB on Vcoins has a bunch of these for sale, for those of you who need one.  I'm sure the auction site does as well.  The new issues are bi-metallic. 

My piece is actual a nickel trial strike for the silver coin.  Even though the mintage was 2000 compared to 100,000 the cost about the same.

I found a site for Vcoins. But couldn't find any West African coins on it. What am I doing wrong? Help? Link?

I found a site for Vcoins. But couldn't find any West African coins on it. What am I doing wrong? Help? Link?

http://www.vcoins.com/world/cgb/store/dynamicIndex.asp

Make sure you search the world coins section not the ancient coin section, tbe latter is the default.

Vcoins World Coins

Make sure you search the world coins section not the ancient coin section, tbe latter is the default.

Vcoins World Coins

Don't know what I was doing wrong before but I got it this time. Thanks.

Archived