CoinPeople.com

What world coins are you looking out for?

gxseries

As a coin store here offers a large, as in *really* large variety of coins and medals, I am somewhat fortunate to say that this store is loaded with so many coins that I have never seen before. Yes, it ranges from your common Morgan dollars to ancients. Price-wise, I am not going to say it's too cheap, but some coins are a bargain. :lol:

(*cough,* I actually did wipe out his Russian coin collection, and what he's got left is just Soviet and modern Russian coins, or just common Imperial coins.)

Place a list of what you are looking out for! There might be a chance that what you are looking for might be in there!

An online coin store that I used to find it good is here: InterCoinage

It only became bad after all the good choices ran out. :ninja:

Another site is here: VCoins which features a list of dealers. While I have dealt with only one dealer, I am sure the rest is up to high standards :cry:

Or if you think your coin store or any online store has an excellent variety of world coins, please help contribute!

I seem to spend nearly all of my time looking over Jean Elsen's lists these days... so much good stuff. I have got a few things from him in the past and i've seen a few things on his site that i really must buy pretty soon (before they go).

Although at the moment the site seems to be down, although i get the auction catalogues through the post every few months. Quite a few French ones have caught my eye, not to mention the Roman.

I seem to spend nearly all of my time looking over Jean Elsen's lists these days... so much good stuff.

One of my favorites. His lists and auctions helped jump start my Carolingian collection. I try to make one or two of my annual key purchases from his catalogs. I always enjoy scanning his material. While the catalogs are not real informative by way of additional information, the range of material and quality of photography makes them always fun to to study.

M. Elsen's website is back up now.

I know Poland always goes down well;

http://www.elsen.be/index.aspx?tabindex=12...9&ctrl=l235list

Although these grab me more;

(Especially that first gold one which is giving me the nearest a coin can give to the old 'come to bed' eyes... i like to think of it as 'go to the cash dispenser and withdraw money to buy me with now' eyes . Which would be nice if i had any money for it, as it's damn sweet.)

Well, I confess that I would like 10 of the UK 2 pound "Shoulders of giants" coins. I can give them out to science folks.

I always keep a lookout for scientists and mathematicians on coins when I flip through the "World" binders at coin shows, but so far, I have been happy to find one here or there, and no doubles so far.

M. Elsen's website is back up now.

I know Poland always goes down well;

Although these grab me more;

(Especially that first gold one which is giving me the nearest a coin can give to the old 'come to bed' eyes... i like to think of it as 'go to the cash dispenser and withdraw money to buy me with now' eyes . Which would be nice if i had any money for it, as it's damn sweet.)

I don't want to hijack this thread, but this web store has some very nice examples and collection of French Jeton's. Do not know if you are into those sort of things, but if you are, here is a place to look.

As a coin store here offers a large, as in *really* large variety of coins and medals, I am somewhat fortunate to say that this store is loaded with so many coins that I have never seen before. Yes, it ranges from your common Morgan dollars to ancients. Price-wise, I am not going to say it's too cheap, but some coins are a bargain. :lol:

(*cough,* I actually did wipe out his Russian coin collection, and what he's got left is just Soviet and modern Russian coins, or just common Imperial coins.)

Place a list of what you are looking out for! There might be a chance that what you are looking for might be in there!

An online coin store that I used to find it good is here: InterCoinage

It only became bad after all the good choices ran out. :ninja:

Another site is here: VCoins which features a list of dealers. While I have dealt with only one dealer, I am sure the rest is up to high standards :cry:

Or if you think your coin store or any online store has an excellent variety of world coins, please help contribute!

thanks for the links, they are most helpful!

Personally, the coins i'm looking for are plentiful. I'm after: gold British/Aussie/South Africa/India gold sovereigns, Hungarian 30 Korona gold, Dutch gold coins, and many other world gold. a fun hunt to be sure!

Doug

I seem to spend nearly all of my time looking over Jean Elsen's lists these days... so much good stuff. I have got a few things from him in the past and i've seen a few things on his site that i really must buy pretty soon (before they go).

Although at the moment the site seems to be down, although i get the auction catalogues through the post every few months. Quite a few French ones have caught my eye, not to mention the Roman.

Lucky for me I am not into the expensive stuff

Jean Elsen is only a 20 minutes car drive :ninja:

I have been thinking about picking up a russian gold coin. Not the olympics series but pre-revolutionary. I also been thinking about some gold coins from north  african nations.

The cheapest you can get hold of a Tsar Nicholai II 5 ruble (1898-1904) gold coin which is usually around 70USD or so. Other Russian pre-revolutionary gold coins easily exceed in terms of hundreds of dollars and now easily in thousands these days :ninja:

Archived