CoinPeople.com

Burk's Best Buys

Burks

Busy few days with me buying:

Purchased four coin bags at a garage sale today. Three were "U.S. Mint $50 Cents" bags and another just a regular bank. OK condition. On one bag you can see the rings the coins made from being stored for so long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of ICG's grading? At auctions I see there stuff isn't as popular even if they're highly graded.

Living up to the nickname,

Curious George

To me the older ICG grading is off. I've seen obvious AU Morgans in MS holders. Now the most recent grading, to me, is pretty spot on. I can see where they called it a 66 and agree with the grade. With their recent grading changes I'd put them equal to or above ANACS. ICG had their problems in the past but I believe they are trying to fix that. Heck, I'll take the discounted price :ninja:

Really friendly people too. I met three or four of them at CSNS. While the people at the PCGS booth weren't worth the effort to chat with.

Received from Dad's Stuff:

1964 Kennedy UNC - Nice orange/tan toning around the rims

1954-S Franklin - I'd call it a F-15/VF-20 all day long. Nice original coin with good honest wear. Does have a small rim ding at 8 o'clock position, no biggie!

• 2 weeks later...

A great package from gxseries, my auction winnings.

1782 Ireland 1 Lib-something-of-another Fair/AG

1816 Great Britain Shilling (I need to get more of these!) AG/G

1826 Great Britain 1/2 Penny Fair

1910 British Guiana 4 Pence F+

1952 Australia Penny VF/EF

I really like the 1816 Shilling. In hand it looks much better than the pictures showed (great pictures but it must be in hand to appreciate the details).

Love them GX, THANKS!

Edit: The 1782 is my oldest coin to date with the 1816 being tied for 2nd oldest with my US Large Cent.

Had to run to the coin shop today. Needed more cent sized 2x2's (sent what I had off to someone). Was waiting on my sister to get there so I went through the 50% box. Surprised?

Coins are still in the 2x2's so don't worry about the dust and junk. Didn't have the sizes I needed at my parents to remove and then replace them.

1931 Great Britain Farthing

DSC03857Medium.jpg

DSC03858Medium.jpg

1977 Rhodesia One Cent - Love the reverse on this one. Has some nice pink color on the reverse, hard to photograph

DSC03859Medium.jpg

DSC03860Medium.jpg

1937 Great Britain Farthing

DSC03861Medium.jpg

1908 Italy 20 Cent - Always loved this design.

DSC03862Medium.jpg

DSC03863Medium.jpg

1952 South Africa Farthing - Didn't bother to photograph. Obverse is messy but the reverse has nice pink/green colors.

1927 India 1/4 Anna - AWESOME coin here. Love the design and colors.

DSC03864Medium.jpg

DSC03865Medium.jpg

Received two packages of coins today.

First contained:

1965 Kennedy - UNC

1966 Kennedy -UNC

(2) 1967 Kennedys - UNC

1883 V Nickel "No Cents" - VF

Second contained:

Chile 1933 Peso - VF

Saudi Arabia 1976 5 Halala - EF

Saudi Arabia 1972 25 Halala - EF

Morocco (French Protectorate) AH1370 5 Francs - VF

India (Bahawalaur) 1940 1/4 Anna - F obverse, VF reverse

Germany Empire 1906A 1/2 Mark - XF with nice luster

DSC03897Small.jpgDSC03898Small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my first coin show in months today. Spent a bit more than I wanted but I did get some nice coins.

1910 - Although the photo's don't show it the coin does have luster hiding. The reverse is quite nice. Might had overpaid slightly. Listed as MS63, I gave it high-end AU weak strike obverse.

DSC03954Small.jpg

DSC03955Small.jpg

1909 - This one was my first purchase of the day. Just couldn't pass it up due to the luster, color, and price. The spot on the reverse is blue/purple toning.

DSC03949Small.jpg

DSC03952Small.jpg

Silver Round - My dad came up yesterday and helped me replace my back brakes and rotors. Also went with me to get four new tires. So I got him a nice gift as a token of thanks. It was $0.50 over spot too (almost too nice to give away!).

DSC03958Small.jpg

DSC03960Small.jpg

Over the weekend I received my first ancient coin that was part of a giveaway over at CU.

It is described as "Gordianus III, Roman Empire, 238-244 A.D." Very cool coin and it still has a lot of detail for its age. Love it love it love!

DSC04002Small.jpg

DSC04003Small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...