CoinPeople.com

Need Help with Cohen or Breen ID#

foundinrolls

Hi All,

I am by no means an expert on Early Coppers. I need some help in identifying the COHEN or BREEN number for an 1804 Half Cent.

I think I know what the numbers are but i am looking for some independent opinions from some of you that are more familiar with these than I am.

I set up a web page for this. It is a private page that I placed on my server with no popups or ads. It just has pics of the coin.

Go To: http://users.nbn.net/winchime/coins3.htm

Please post as a response to this, or PM me, or email me at foundinrolls@netscape.net

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Hi Bill, and welcome to CoinPeople!!!

You have an 1804 Cohen-9, Die State looks like 4.0 (my reference for this is "The Half Cent Die State Book" by Ron Manley) and the rarity is R-2. I'd ignore Breen numbers - nobody's using them, and probably never will.

Hope that helps :ninja:

You have an 1804 Cohen-9, Die State looks like 4.0 (my reference for this is "The Half Cent Die State Book" by Ron Manley) and the rarity is R-2.

It looks like Cohen-9 in my Cohen. He mentions that it is seldom seen without the obverse border break at RTY, although his plate coin does not have the break. The ridge above the R on the reverse is described as a die defect.

Archived