CoinPeople.com

Victoria

bga27

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to CoinPeople !!! :ninja:

I collect Her Majesty, and have several of her coins on my OmniCoin Collection (click where it says "OmniCoin" to the left of this area, right under my member number to see 'em) We always love to see photos of your finds here. You might want to sign up for OmniCoin - it's free, the photos are easy to link, and it's a terrific way to display your collection.

Here's an example of how OmniCoin links show up ...

My first Victoria gold :ninja:

907108.jpg

... and one of my favorite Victoria pieces, the Gothic Florin

896250.jpg

I've a fair(ish) collection of Victorian coins of the UK and British Empire.

Other than the Gothic Crown and florins, my favourite silver coins are the East India Company 1/4, 1/2, and 1 rupees. My favourite copper coin is the UK 1d from 1841 - 60, in high grade.

Ian

Hi,

I have a minute victorian coin, but I cannot seem to find any information on it.

Anyone here have any ideas?

If you could post a photo of both sides it would sure help.

If not, then a solid description including size, all legends, etc. might do it.

Hi,

I have a minute victorian coin, but I cannot seem to find any information on it.

Anyone here have any ideas?

It's toy money. Produced in late Victorian times by Lauer of Nurenburg, Germany. I've seen similar coins for France and Belgium produced by Lauer. It's quite neat and worth hanging on to.

Ian

:ninja: Thanks Ian!

So it is from 1897 then, would it be worth anything?

They are collected, but it is a niche market.

I'm sorry but I really haven't a clue as to its value. I wouldn't plan on anything much more than a Big Mac meal (or thereabouts) though, but that's more opinion than evidence.

The only toy money i have now is a bronze outer / silver inner bi-metallic Viictoria penny produced (or so I believe) by the same company (Lauer).

I've also seen (actually bought it on behalf of a collector in the US) a model Gothic Crown (as in `toy'). They are not seen every day of the week, but neither are they particularly scarce or `valuable' due to the lack of demand for them. As I said, it's a niche market.

:lol:

Ian

I have a few Lauer coins.Victoria and Edward V11.

Picked up from Ebay for "large fries money" and purely for my novelty.

I have a couple Vickies, though I haven't made her era a priority yet. Some are on my OmniCoin page--one halfpenny and two pence, plus a Canadian large cent, none of which are in exciting condition, although the halfpenny looks better than the scan would have you think. The most recent haven't been scanned yet: a 1900 shilling, and a 1901 penny. Truth to tell, I have a worse time finding Edwards than I do Victorias. Eventually, of course, I'll have to get more. :ninja:

Ian Thats a nice one it grabbed my attention becuase I think it's a pattern piece made by Heaton I'm not 100% percent sure though. I hope to one day have a nice gothic godless crown and decent jublilee crown as well but have been a bit focused on the hammered side of things recently.

My Victorias are in the British coin gallerys, here it will only let me attach one pic at a time so not sure if you would like me to post here, as I don't want to flood the thread.

P.S I posted one that it would let me

Victoria_Shilling_Jubilee_Head_Reverse_1887.jpg

Archived