CoinPeople.com

Expanding the collection

syzygy

For the small cent type set..almost 70 years old and looking young as a new born. BTW: I positively hate photographing slabbed coins!

Please put him in the "Grading Challenge" forum to see how many of us agree with the slab!

:ninja:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while since I have had any new acquisitions. So I stopped off at a local shop and picked up a few interesting pieces - these are from the 6/1.00 bin.

A nice 1944-S Centavo with a lot of red remaining.

1944s1centavolw9.jpg

My first coin from Jordan. One of these days I have to start putting together a country collection.

jordanbt0.jpg

Lots of luster on this one.

1973pesewaym9.jpg

Don't know what this one is - obviously damaged but interesting - guess I will be searching Krauss.

1914unkvu9.jpg

From India I believe.

indieunkim5.jpg

Got two needed additions to my off center memorial lincoln year set from Lost Dutchman! The 1963 is a beauty. The other one is rough and a little hard to read but I pretty much agree that it is a 1960 as labelled. I went through my lincolns looking at the positions of the numerals on all the 60s dates and 1960 fits the best - agree?

1963ocdg9.jpg

1960ocxl4.jpg

1960cuzo0.jpg

The one from India appears to a 1927 to 1928 Travencore Chuckram. (From my world coin book.)

Thanks for the Travencore tip - that made it easy to look up in my Krauss, but now I'm confused. I see km#43 and km#49 as possibilities. There is only one picture for both (presumably this is for km#43). There is slight difference in the characters at 7:00 on my coin (maybe that means it is km#49, but again no pic). KM#49 is listed as ND 1906-1935. Do you have an identifying number in your world coin book?

Thanks for the Travencore tip - that made it easy to look up in my Krauss, but now I'm confused. I see km#43 and km#49 as possibilities. There is only one picture for both (presumably this is for km#43). There is slight difference in the characters at 7:00 on my coin (maybe that means it is km#49, but again no pic). KM#49 is listed as ND 1906-1935. Do you have an identifying number in your world coin book?

I am using a Standard Catalog of world coins by Chester Krause and Clifford Mishler 1979 edition

The picture appears to be dead on. All the writing and designs match.

sy.jpg

BTW the top one is marked "Chuckram One" not "One Chuckram".

• 3 weeks later...

Also from the Baltimore show...

For the Lincoln Cent Dansco...

lincoln1912saq9.jpg

..and a bunch of modern proofs, a couple of which are below..

lincoln2002skb8.jpg

lincoln1987smn6.jpg

Notice how cheap looking the zincoln proofs are? The copper plating is so thin, it just can't take the proof surface well and I constantly see that corrugated effect on virtually all of them. If I shoot through a pinhole, I can remove some of the effect from the pic, but not from the coin :ninja:.

lincoln1987sphtt1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is an interesting one...a nice, but low-grade, 1864 IHC.

1864lrpddt1.jpg

With a nice clear repunched date...

1864rpdimg4552gj8.jpg

I don't see an "L" - do you? Am I blind?

whatlimg4566wm8.jpg

They see one.

1864lrpdslabjo0.jpg

Or is the "L" assumed based on the RPD (i.e., is this RPD only seen on the 1864 "L")?