• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Every once in a while, I seem to purchase some coins for no good reason. I mean, I try to stay focussed on some collecting projects...Jefferson set...Lincoln set...Large world silver...always looking to expand or upgrade some type sets and add to a small late Roman Empire set. So, I really don't know why I bought this mini-dime type set. They were all on a card and were reasonably priced and...well, I just felt like getting them. There is really nothing that I can even use as an upgrade to my existing US dime type set shown here... oh well :ninja:

916320.jpg

916321.jpg

916322.jpg

916323.jpg

916324.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few new pieces of silver for the collection...

France 1832-A 5 Francs KM #749.1

.900 silver (.7234 oz) mintage:7.80M

916748.jpg

France 1836-A 5 Francs KM #749.1

.900 silver (.7234 oz) mintage:1.94M

916749.jpg

France 1873-A 5 Francs KM #820.1

.900 silver (.7234 oz) mintage: 27.08M

916747.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, a friend and I went to the Baltimore show - what a great time! I have been to this large show many times and always enjoy it a lot. This was the first time that I was able to go on a Friday (the first day of the puplic show). This one was advertised as the "largest ever" and it was, in fact, larger than any I have been to previously.

I picked up quite a few coins there, including these two Jeffs...and....I have now completed my Jefferson album (1938-2004 with proofs).

WooHoo!

917603.jpg

917602.jpg

Nice!

I was up there today and didn't even cover the full bourse floor! I usually can comb all the dealer's tables in an hour and get back to buying. But with the new space, jeeesh...

I have no money now either. :ninja:

Whatever, new members of the collectons.

Nice!

I was up there today and didn't even cover the full bourse floor! I usually can comb all the dealer's tables in an hour and get back to buying. But with the new space, jeeesh...

I have no money now either. :ninja:

Whatever, new members of the collectons.

Did you ever make it to see the 1913 Liberty head nickel? I kept trying to head in the direction of the booth number but always got side tracked - it was quite a nice show.

Yesterday, a friend and I went to the Baltimore show - what a great time! I have been to this large show many times and always enjoy it a lot. This was the first time that I was able to go on a Friday (the first day of the puplic show). This one was advertised as the "largest ever" and it was, in fact, larger than any I have been to previously.

I picked up quite a few coins there, including these two Jeffs...and....I have now completed my Jefferson album (1938-2004 with proofs).

WooHoo!

917603.jpg

917602.jpg

Congratulations. Jeffersons in that type of condition make a beautiful collection.

Did you ever make it to see the 1913 Liberty head nickel? I kept trying to head in the direction of the booth number but always got side tracked - it was quite a nice show.

Totally forgot it was there! :ninja:

Anywho, I did see a lot of other fancy pieces around. Some of the currency stuff was mouth-watering.

Another pickup from the Baltimore show...

1926 Sesquicentennial commemorative half. These were designed by John R. Sinnock who also designed the Franklin Half (can you see the resemblence?). They are notoriously low-relief for an otherwise great design. They can get quite pricey - but not in this condition :ninja:

1926sesquihalfshy9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...