CoinPeople.com

Reiver Auction Catalog needed ...

AuldFartte

Is there anyone here from whom I can buy, beg or steal the Reiver auction catalog(s) for everything except the early US copper? I got the one with all the large cents in it. I would REALLY like to get the other one.

Please PM me if you have one you don't want or need. Thanks :ninja:

Is there anyone here from whom I can buy, beg or steal the Reiver auction catalog(s) for everything except the early US copper? I got the one with all the large cents in it. I would REALLY like to get the other one.

If you don't find anyone let me know, and I'll ask at the next club meeting. I know people are on the Heritage list and we have auctions for surplus catalogs all the time.

If you don't find anyone let me know, and I'll ask at the next club meeting.  I know people are on the Heritage list and we have auctions for surplus catalogs all the time.

1)I've got a CD version of the catalog coming. When it arrives, I'd be happy to let you have the hardcopy version.

2) There were a couple on ebay, if you're in a big hurry and can't wait. I think the cd will take about two more weeks to show. It has the prices realized on it and such.

1)I've got a CD version of the catalog coming. When it arrives, I'd be happy to let you have the hardcopy version.

2) There were a couple on ebay, if you're in a big hurry and can't wait. I think the cd will take about two more weeks to show. It has the prices realized on it and such.

Wow!!! Thanks, Art :ninja:

I also had no idea that CD versions were available. I'll have to check on those, too.

I got my CD of the Reiver catalog in yesterday's mail. Had a chance to look at it last night. I think it's actually a DVD, it has a huge amount of data.

It appears that all of the auction catalogs - main lots are there. The sublots that were just listed in the back without photos are not included on the CD -- or I just haven't figured out how to find them yet.

The photos for the lots are there as well as the ability to enlarge them. It does not have the sectional enlargement software that their website has.

Overall this is the way to go for auction catalogs that you'll use for reference. Very little shelf space. I'm guessing it could be copied to your hardfile but that would take a long time.

Overall Heritage did a very nice job on the CD.

Overall this is the way to go for auction catalogs that you'll use for reference. Very little shelf space. I'm guessing it could be copied to your hardfile but that would take a long time.

Overall Heritage did a very nice job on the CD.

Cool, having the company do it is a lot easier than getting the data on their yourself. Especially if there's features included.

For those who may be interested in Half Cents or Large Cents or Bust Halves, the Reiver catalogs can be an important research tool. I know that there's a copy of Book1 - Large Cents and Half Cents on ebay. These are going to be hard to find books.

If you are really interested, I'd suggest you contact Heritage and see if there's some kind of deal that you can make with them to get the books. They're rather expensive if you buy them. I think Heritage is charging $100 for the set of three.

Archived