CoinPeople.com

Some Cuban coins.

Jan

Nice ones, Jan!!

top row, left to right:

KM# 549, 1996, nickel-bonded steel, Multicoloured Ruby throated humming bird, mintage 10,000 value $22.50 in UNC

KM# 562, 1996, nickel-bonded steel, Multicoloured Vaca Anil fish, mintage 10,000, value $ 27.50 in UNC

KM# 552, 1996, nickel-bonded steel, Multicoloured wood duck, mintage 10,000 value $ 22.50 in UNC

Bottom row, left to right:

KM# 550, 1996, nickel-bonded steel, Multicoloured Yellow Perch, mintage 10,000 value $22.50 in UNC

KM# 565, 1996, nickel-bonded steel, Multicoloured Papillo butterfly, mintage 10,000 value $32.50 in UNC

KM# 551, 1996, nickel-bonded steel, Multicoloured Cuban Tody Bird, mintage 10,000 value $25.00 in UNC

Information taken from 2004 edition of Krause World coins catalog

WHAT! *jaw hits floor* Are you serious!? I bought of these off some guy for honestly like 5$ a while back. THAT MAKES ME HAPPY ALRIGHT! :lol:

Thanks guys for the info! :ninja:

btw. Can anybody tell me exactly how these were colourized? It looks very rich and vibrant in person almost like acrylic paints were painted on by hand or something.

1. They are contraband and illegal to own in the United States, no matter how you bought them.

2. Considering the price you paid and the nominal "catalog" value, they were probably lost or stolen recently.

3. Your avatar is acting in a way that might not be appropriate.

4. Have a nice day.

Michael

1.  They are contraband and illegal to own in the United States, no matter how you bought them.   

Jan is Canadian I believe.

2.  Considering the price you paid and the nominal "catalog" value, they were probably lost or stolen recently.

That is a terrible thing to say to someone.

3.  Your avatar is acting in a way that might not be appropriate.

I was wondering about that myself

4.  Have a nice day.

You too.

My friend and the fellow who served as VP of our Coin Club for the past few years is VP of the Cuban Numismatic Society. They're headquartered in Miami and Orlando. Interesting group of folks. He gave us a presentation about Cuban coins.

According to the Cuban Club, it is not illegal to own Cuban coins in the US. Only to buy and sell them. You can receive and give them as gifts. Pre-Castro coins are not included in the ban.

And remember, "catalogue value" should not be confused with actual market value. While I am sure one could get more than $5 resale for these, I would not necessarily assume receiving catalogue value.

btw: I also have some Cuban coins. Then again, I am not in the US. :ninja:

According to the Cuban Club, it is not illegal to own Cuban coins in the US. Only to buy and sell them. You can receive and give them as gifts. Pre-Castro coins are not included in the ban.

So my German relatives can buy them and then ship them to me for free.

Kind of silly to ban coins, what does that accomplish? Never mind, it would just end up in the debates forum...

So my German relatives can buy them and then ship them to me for free.

Kind of silly to ban coins, what does that accomplish?  Never mind, it would just end up in the debates forum...

I think the original idea was to stop of flow of US dollars into the Cuban economy. I think Canada has had "normal" trade relations with Cuba all along. Not sure about Mexico and some of the Central American countries. I have a friend who's wife's family lives in Costa Rica. He was always bringing Cuban cigars home from their trips.

Archived