CoinPeople.com

Picture posting

You can use the img command and place an internet link address to the desired picture. I'll use brackets in my example but the actual command requires the full bracket on each end. Full bracket=[ open bracket. And ] close bracket.

{img} http://images8.fotki.com/v160/photos/6/637...bv-vi.jpg{/img}

Berlin2Marks1Mar1922obv-vi.jpg

This is a Notgeld note that I have in one of my albums on fotki. It's a picture hosting site.

You can use an IMG tag in a post to include a picture that's hosted somewhere else.

For example this will display a picture from your website:

[IMG=http://www.geocities.com/schutzenfestmedals/m325ag.jpg]

m325ag.jpg

WOW! That's a pretty medal.

• 5 weeks later...

OK....I got lost along the way somewhere.

I'm used to posting links to imnages on my own web page, but this is becoming impractical for me.

I've recently opened an omnicoin account and posted my first two images there.

How do I obtain web links from the images I have put on omnicoin.com. I can get the general link to the page where the images are easily enough but surely there is a simple way to obtain a link to just the images and description(?)

I've also uploaded the two images concerned to an album at `coinpeople' as an experiment. How do I post links to these images on coinpeople itself?

maybe i should just stick to using my own web page...... :ninja:

Ian

If you just want to link the pcture here, click on your Omnicoin image to get the larger version; right click on the pic to get properties and there you will find the http address that you need to bookmark with 909075.jpg

Not sure if you can link the description with the image though. I think that is imbeded in the page and thus the page needs to be linked for access to that info.

OK....I got lost along the way somewhere.

I'm used to posting links to imnages on my own web page, but this is becoming impractical for me.

I've recently opened an omnicoin account and posted my first two images  there.

How do I obtain web links from the images I have put on omnicoin.com. I can get the general link to the page where the images are easily enough but surely there is a simple way to obtain a link to just the images and description(?)

I've also uploaded the two images concerned to an album at `coinpeople' as an experiment. How do I post links to these images on coinpeople itself?

maybe i should just stick to using my own web page...... :ninja:

Ian

Omnicoin is great and easy to use. I also have a Fotki account. They have both free and fee accounts. The free account does a good job for a whole lot of people. I got the fee account because I'm loading bunches of old pictures for my wife to share with the family.

If you just want to link the pcture here, click on your Omnicoin image to get the larger version; right click on the pic to get properties and there you will find the http address that you need to bookmark with ...

Not sure if you can link the description with the image though. I think that is imbeded in the page and thus the page needs to be linked for access to that info.

I hadn't thought of that approach :lol:

Ian

:ninja: That's a coin?????

Where's the obvious things like country,  denomination and year etc. ?

Yep. I guess you might call it non circulating legal tender though, and even then i'm not quite sure about the `legal' part. It was issued by the governing body though.

`Normal' details are completely ommitted excepting for denomination. See world coins museum / Europe for details :lol:

Archived