CoinPeople.com

God bless coin shows

LostDutchman

went to a local show today....had some awesome finds.....first I saw a stack of albums on a table....i opened the dimes one and it has 35 silver dimes in it....the price tag??? $8 so i promptly scooped that one up....on my way out the door I spotted a awesome blue toned 1850 half cent....i asked to see the coin that was marked "BU $300" as i examined the coin the light hit the coin just right and i saw a cameo effect...I took a double take and looked again....then flipped the coin over and the same effect was present on the reverse...I thought to myself "no...this can't be"....but it was I was able to buy an awesome toned PROOF 1850 half cent for $280!!!! I am sending this one off for slabbing and if it does come back proof (which i am almost sure it will) it is a $2,000-$6,000 coin..... I'm tellin you guys....there is still stuff out there just waiting to be found...

WOW! That must have made your day....no......week! I have to start examining those cases much more closely. Can't believe someone had a $2000+ coin marked as $300. Unreal.

Nice deal on the silver dimes as well.

but it was I was able to buy an awesome toned PROOF 1850 half cent for $280!!!! I am sending this one off for slabbing and if it does come back proof (which i am almost sure it will) it is a $2,000-$6,000 coin.....    I'm tellin you guys....there is still stuff out there just waiting to be found...

If that happens you'll have to buy us all a virtual round

:ninja:

Archived