CoinPeople.com

German Town Mints Copper and Silver Coins

jlueke

Not unlike some of the local currencies that are cropping up. I certainly hope that they succeed. It will be interesting in a year to read the results of the Barni.

Not unlike some of the local currencies that are cropping up. I certainly hope that they succeed. It will be interesting in a year to read the results of the Barni.

It's kind of odd that in germany malls are becoming insanely popular now while here, the revival of urban centers is in full swing. Makes you wonder if it wouldn't make sense to buy downtown real estate there now, and wait 10 years for teh revival to begin.

Do like this silver idea, perhaps they should have gold too :ninja:

I wonder how loyal of a shopper you need to be for the silver.

For the gold, I'm sure Klaus could be persuaded.

It's kind of odd that in germany malls are becoming insanely popular now while here, the revival of urban centers is in full swing.

Well, you aim at what you don't have. Over here we don't have that many suburban malls, in the US the urban centers may currently not be that attractive for shoppers. But there is another issue (apart from what I replied at rcc :ninja: ):

Keep in mind that Eberswalde is in the state of Brandenburg, and thus in what used to be the GDR. After 1990 it was much easier there to build new shopping malls away from the old cities. No problems with renovating old buildings, no bad surprises to expect from possible former owners, and so on. Now whether the Barni will help businesses in "downtown" Eberswalde remains to be seen.

Here in NW we had a debate about large scale shopping centers when the CentrO (a mega-mall in the Ruhr area; you may know it) wanted to become even bigger. Of course shopkeepers in downtown Oberhausen, Duisburg, Essen, etc. were and are against the plans since it won't exactly help the downtown shopping areas ...

Christian

Archived