CoinPeople.com

If Russian copper coins were all this nice...

gxseries

Grivna1726, that is indeed an excellent obversation.

Indeed it is true that coins minted in Ekaterinburg had such "buldging" issues, but this coin is just ok, other than a slight offstrike, which still existed around that time. I guess it is the bad photography that led to such illusion - the coin is still in its 2x2 holder, which the light reflected off from the plastic.

Here are two larger pictures:

18282kfront3qe.jpg

18282kback0ul.jpg

• 5 years later...

That is a very nice example of this series. This series is plagued with off center strikes, damaged coins and just horribly worn examples that come to the surface. Just yesterday, as I was doing a search through the Russian coins on Ebay, I found most of the 2 kopeck coins of this series to be impossible to even look at. I have not seen examples of this series as nice as this.

• 2 weeks later...

While I do not collect these beyond 1810 - 1812, by accident I found a copper of this year/mintmark (it is not a 2 kop coin, though...):

1828em.jpg

1828em2.jpg

I found this one next to it :grin: :

1821em.jpg

1821em2.jpg

If anyone likes them and has a kopeck or denga of 1810 - 1812 they do not need in a comparable condition, I will be happy to trade...

Again some nice coins. I just purchased an 1821 1K that is quite worn and has a bit of damage because I was able to purchase it cheaply with combined shipping too. Shame how these coins have fared over the last two centuries.

Archived