CoinPeople.com

Jules Reiver Collection Catalog

Art

I received my Jules Reiver Collection catalog today from Heritage. It is magnificent. Jules has assembled on of the finest collections of US Half and Large Cents in history. The sale will be a landmark happening for all collectors of these beautiful coins. The catalog - sent courtesy of Heritage to members of Early American Coppers, will become a mainstay of every EAC members library.

I have an inivitation to the Reception for Jules on the first day of the auction. It's in Dallas. I'm not attending, if anyone would like my invitation, let me know.

Heritage Galleries sales page

I was checking out this collection online. I was surprised to see how many of the coins were cleaned or had other problems. Kind of makes me glad to know that I am not the only collector who doesn't mind a cleaned or damaged coin in their collection. :ninja:  ;)

Cleaned and damaged is fairly common for Half and Large cents. While many collectors still like perfect specimens there are very few available.

Cleaned and damaged is fairly common for Half and Large cents. While many collectors still like perfect specimens there are very few available.

Yup. I will have to agree on that one. 90% of the "nice" Half or Large cents I see have been cleaned or have damage (corrosion, rim dings, etc). I'd be perfectly fine buying a cleaned or scratched Large cent. Knowing that better pieces command a higher price, I'll take what I can afford.

I have to agree with Becky - an awful lot of "problem" coins in that collection, BUT pretty good potential to acquire a decent type coin or two. I may actually get in on this auction :ninja:

Mr. Reiver was highly interested in the various die states of the coppers, and didn't really care if the coins had problems or not. As far as a die state collection goes, his was among the finest.

Archived