CoinPeople.com

1925 DDO Lincoln Cent

drwstr123

For the people who love the  lincoln, this is the only known 1925 DDO.

Congrats on joining CP, having the #29 Lincoln set, and the only known 1925 DDO. Sounds like you are quite a collector.

I started out with Lincolns as well. Nothing special in my set. Only need the 09-S-VDB and 1914-D to complete it. One quick question, do you consider the 1922 plain cent an error or actual part of the set if it didn't include errors?

Sir: I think the 22 a joke. I think a lousey die is a poor excuse for rairity. the omission of a detail is an easy thing to fake. Done it. Mike

Cool! I know a few people actually consider it part of the Lincoln set. Maybe if I was very wealthy it would be included just for the heck of it.

• 3 weeks later...

VERY NICE AND VERY COOL! So, do I assume that Chuck gave you proper credit as the reporting entity of this variety? I hope he does. Also, have you thought about sending the coin to CONECA as well? In any case, CONGRATS to you sir for your most excellent find!!! (FYI, I am a total fanatic when it comes to variety coinage).

Also, I would suggest posting in the error/variety section. If it weren't for total boredom here at work today, I would never have seen your post. And well, I'm glad I checked here. I now can add another coin to keep a sharp eye out for in the future! Got 3 BIG shows coming up in the next 2-3 months. Hope I can score one or two of these! :ninja: Last big score I had was at a Dallas show, I picked up a 1942-S CONECA DDO-001 + RPM-001, and a 1970-S Small Date Lincoln for the price of a Large date. :lol: Who knows, maybe I can score a new variety this time. :cry:

Keep up the excellent work man! CONGRATS!!!

Hi dacoinman, first let me say the you have a deep, deep sickness for which I fear there is no cure. I can only imagine what it's like for you. Next, yes , Charles D. was kind enough to credit me and photo the coin but is has not yet been listed at his site. I can't tell how much respect and admiration I have for him. I will as you suggest post in error/variety section but with a better set of pics. I'm on my long stretch of work now so give me a couple of days. Your interest and excitement make it all worthwhile. Thanks, Mike

Hi dacoinman, first let me say the you have a deep, deep sickness for which I fear there is no cure. I can only imagine what it's like for you.

LMAO!!! Yes, sickness is a good way to describe my affliction. LOL Or is it I that is sane and those about me affected with a normalicy sickness??? We shall never know. LOL I personally have not met Chuck D. I have met James Wiles, A gentleman that for the life of me I can not recall his name, but yet still prominent in our "sickness", and Lee Heimke (the 3 that are coming to mind). I have though met a couple of Chuck D.'s associates at the last TNA show. They should have given out bibs at thier table! Lord knows I needed one! I'm hoping to meet Chuck D. at the next TNA. That is if they set up this year. (TNA = Texas Numismatic Association). The only headache that I have with the possibility of merging my collection over to Chuck D.'s system is that I am getting tired of all the up start numbering systems. In the begining it was CONECA (well it goes even further back than this numbering system, but for ease of description), then here came Wexler's #s, then here came Chuck D.'s numbering system, and last but not least I think it's Brian Rebar using CDDO etc.......Hell, if someone had access to the attribution logs of these guys, someone will be able to make a mint just by cross referrencing these all togewther. Thank God nobody is trying to over ride or change up the VAM numbering system! LOL

Well, at work, and gotta run. TTYL

• 9 months later...
Update:

I just got the coin back from John Wexler. It's now listed as 1925 WDDO-001.It will be in Mr. Welxler's "Varieties Notebook" section of the December 18 issue of Coin World.

I'm anxious the read what he has to say about it.

That's really neat. Can you post the link to your Registry set so I can take a look at it?

nice collection i have just started collectin last year (i am 15 i had coins since i was a kid but never collected them only kept them just incase) and i have 709 coins now :ninja: my fav coins are Lincoln cents espcialy the ones that are redish brown with extremly fine detail and no wear i have 1 that i like the 1950 wheat cent (the first i wheat).well anyway welcome and good luck.

i also have a 1917-s that i just got.i wanted to ask u wat is the 1926 cent worth it has little wear very clean and shiney. almost uncirculated i guess.

Hi, had to break for food. (turkey) You've chosen a vast and interesting hobby. May it provide many years of pleasure and reward to you. The 1926 in my set is MS66RB. It was a NGC but I crossed over to PCGS to include it in my Registry. It's a 3/0, meaning 3 in that grade with none finer. I started with reds but am drawn to the more colorful rbrowns now.

I started out a little younger than you are and it always stuck with me. Mike

Maybe it's me but I'm having a hard time seeing the doubling.

Doesn't matter though, it's a stunning coin!

Stands out most on the 5, saw a little on the 9, and not much on the 1 or 2.

drwster- congrats on your piece!

Hi, had to break for food. (turkey) You've chosen a vast and interesting hobby. May it provide many years of pleasure and reward to you. The 1926 in my set is MS66RB. It was a NGC but I crossed over to PCGS to include it in my Registry. It's a 3/0, meaning 3 in that grade with none finer. I started with reds but am drawn to the more colorful rbrowns now.

I started out a little younger than you are and it always stuck with me. Mike

tnx for the info (i started in 3 grade but nvr bought any coins until last year in 9th grade :ninja:)

Having trouble seeing it too. Maybe it is so subtle that is blends together and extra thickness of the letters hints at the doubling. I checked out coppercoins.com and no 1925P listed.

Having trouble seeing it too. Maybe it is so subtle that is blends together and extra thickness of the letters hints at the doubling. I checked out coppercoins.com and no 1925P listed.

Charlie has chosen, for his own reason, not to include it on his Coppercoins Site. He told me it is in the latest edition of his book. I'm guessing it's not featured is because he feels it's a minor variety. (that 1926 he has listed seems pretty minor too) Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived