CoinPeople.com

New Member - just got a whole lot of notes!

ed_245

Hi Everyone,

I have just inherited many different world notes (concentration in Chinese and Polish). My grandmother took very good care of these and identified them and their pick #s.

I recently went to the Library to investigate their worth and was pleased to find there are some real nice notes in the collection. Overall I'd say there's about 500 notes in the collection.

There is one stack of 124 uncirculated notes from China (pick329). All serial numbers are in sequential order. The price guide said each is worth $3. So what does it mean if I have 124? Are some collectors interested in getting sequential uncirculated bills as a lot? Does it make each one worth more or less when they are all together like that?

Also, the other real big question I'd like to ask is what are the best ways for me to go about selling notes from this collection personally? Threre are a few in the $100+. Nicest I think is an uncirculated 1925 polish $5 note (pick 48). I have about 20 or so in the $25-$100 range and the rest are under $25. I'm excited by all this but also a bit clueless. I'm not a collector myself and would like to try to sell these, but would like to find best ways to sell notes. Should I go individually? groups of 5 or 10? larger lots? What are reasonable prices to get for notes comapred to their price guide price? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited out sale offer. -T --- (sorry about that :ninja: )

Best,

Ed

Well I figured McDoo or San Miguel would pipe up here. People do collect stacks, some notes are hard to find that way. It might be harder to sell them individually. There are a few ways to go about selling them. I wish McDoo would help with this one. :ninja: I'm not an expert on note sales.

You can sell them anyway you want. Whether it be single notes or lots. You could even put together country lots. As for the 124 sequential notes you would want to sell them as one lot.

But this is all just my opinion.

Edited offer to buy. - T (PM dealing prior to eligibility cannot be tracked. :ninja: )

I do a bit of buying/selling in banknotes, and its MY experience that CRUNC notes in Consecutive order are FAR more desirable, and valuable to alot of collectors. I have added an example of what i know to be more valuable in consecutive serial #s. Thats just my opinion as well...With a bit of past experience. BTW, I wouldn't sell them ANY other way. Breaking them up is almost criminal!

Wow, that's a nice pair of notes there Paul!

Indeed, if you got them in pairs, or consecutive numbers, there isn't a single reason why you would want to break them up, even though you might be able to gain a bit more if you tried to sell them individually.

But look, there are always people out in the market to buy the longest sequential numbers and I know someone personally who had a stash of 1000 sequential Japanese 100 yen banknotes. Price wise? Who knows - Such set is almost impossible to obtain because such notes have been circulated and actually not in current circulation. Perhaps your 124 notes in sequential order might not be unique but it does help to add to the prenium value.

If you want to sell them, you can always start off at eBay or if you hate the lame fees, you should follow the requirement here.

Archived