CoinPeople.com

Dubious Who's Who in Wikipedia

Tiffibunny

Guest Stujoe

Wikipedia is a heck of a good resource but if you have ever gone in and edited stuff or added stuff there, you quickly find out it is very much a cliquish caste system with a tremendous amount of political fighting amongst the various hard core users . They could use more peer review and less politics, IMHO. They do a pretty good job considering how huge they are at this point. However, the anyone can edit system is both their biggest asset and their biggest liability at the same time.

My Coinpedia.net wiki site is my next big project to clean up and get moving on and I have some thinking on how I am going to approach it taking into consideration some of the problems that I have seen on wikipedia.

Guest Stujoe
Dang you're all talking about the Wikipedia part.  I thought the inacuracy of the Numismatic articles part was hilarious.  Because when I posted that CPers pointed out those inacuracies immediately.

I am like the guy who wrote in...I 100% expect the main stream media to totally screw up any and all reporting when it comes to numismatics. :ninja:

Archived