CoinPeople.com

New Year's Eve Contest. Art is the winner!

For Euro coins collectors, and not only, I have the Leuchtturm EURO KATALOG 2005 to offer. Full colour, mintage, prices, description of all Euro coins and banknotes .

If you want it, post here a funny New Year's greeting for one of your favourite friends from Coinpeople, or for all of them.

The winner will be randomly selected in January 2, at 19.00 CET+1 (East Europe Hour)

Good luck and Happy New Beer! Oops! Heavy New Year!

T'was the day before New Years with only minutes to go.

Everyone was waiting for the new year to show.

There were party hats, noise makers, and lots of champaign.

Good food and good music no one could complain.

When suddenly the ball began to drop.

Everyone in the room came to a stop.

When the ball reached the bottom the crowd began to roar.

And confetti dropped from the ceiling to the floor.

Happy New Year! Happy New Year was all you could hear.

2006 was finally here.

Here's hoping your new year will be full of good people.

Looks like you already found them here at Coinpeople.

For those of you who have many gold and silver coins: May the prices of gold and silver continue to go up next year!

For those who don't: May gold and silver coins stay affordable next year!

For those who collect modern commemoratives: May the designers of coins design coins that are well accepted by the numismatic community!

For those who collect modern circulation pieces: May the mints mint coins that are not only available in sets!

And for all of you: Guten Rutsch!

Christian

There once was a CoinPerson

from Nantucket

Whose Mint Sets he kept in a bucket.

He bought coin and bills

an got lots of thrills

Happy New Year everyone.

:ninja:

I heard it was a new year and all I can think about is it was last year when I seen you last. . . that sounds so long ago. . . . well Happy new year And keep in mind the New mint set you have to collect.

The winner is.... Art!

Congratulations Art!

:ninja:

Why thank you! A great contest. Can't wait to see my prize.

May have to get the Leuchtturm catalog too. The one I use is the catalog from Gietl ("Die Euro-Münzen") which is fine but a little "blown up" in my opinion: Almost 600 pages but it lists many sets too. Perhaps the Leuchtturm is a little leaner ...

Christian

yay for art ... and yay for this contest--without it i wouldn't have known this book existed (i've suspected there was such a catalogue, but never knew the details).

I've ordered the 2006 Leuchtturm catalogue of Euro coins. It costs 6 euro. If you want one, next week I will be back in Germany and I can order one for you (I do not know when I will have time to put it on post, maybe in saturdays...). It is printed in excellent grafic conditions, full colour, and give the market prices, mintages, etc of Euro coins and banknotes.

I've ordered the 2006 Leuchtturm catalogue of Euro coins.

Just had a look at one (and bought it :ninja: ) and yes, it is nicely done and comprehensive. What I like better about the "competing" catalogs (the ones by Fischer/Kahnt and by Schön) is that they have more information about each coin. But since all these catalogs are in German, such extra info auf deutsch may not be that relevant for people in the US ... The price of the Leuchtturm catalog sure is good - €6 while the Fischer/Kahnt (also full color pics) is €14.90. The Schön has grayscale images; the 2006 edition (to be out in March) will be €9.90.

As for the coin prices/values, it seems to me that Leuchtturm tends to list higher prices than Fischer/Kahnt. But that is just a first impression from a quick glance - and also, the market has not "settled" yet, I think, so it is difficult to tell which catalog is the most accurate.

Christian

Archived