CoinPeople.com

Wheat varieties?

daggit

This was especially common in the wheaties from the fifties.

and was not limited to the Motto, filled loops of the date are aslo common, as well a BIE errors, die chips ,cracks and gouges were all pretty common.

Rick

Thanks Rick, yes I also recently found a 1958 with the 9 completely filled. :ninja:

Thanks Rick, yes I also recently found a 1958 with the 9 completely filled. :ninja:

Not only do I have 58's with the bottom portion of the B filled, along with one that has the 9 filled in, I also have one which has both the B and 9 filled in.

I have a roll of these filled B's on 1957-Ds I think. I do know that on atleast 2 1957-D RPMs, one of the diagnostics is the lower section of the B filled. Next week I'll be putting up for auction, an internal CUD (extra metal basically) on a 1979-D where the 97&D are joined by this "blob". Just search my name on ebay. I don't want to sound like I am spamming, lol. But in reference to your question about filled portions of letters, especially in the latter years of the wheaties, it is VERY common. Especially look at your 1955-s lincolns for BIE errors....and 1960-D small dates have a slew of those as well. That is if anyone here is a BIE collector.

Archived