CoinPeople.com

First time for everything....

Guest 50cents

Guest 50cents

Well today i recieived my 2005 Silver Proof Set from the mint. I couldn't wait to get inside and open it up and when i did , Both plastic cases were crack from end to end. In all my years of buying from the mint this is the first time, I had to send something back... Any of you ever had to returned something to them?

Well today i recieived my 2005 Silver Proof Set from the mint. I couldn't wait to get inside and open it up and when i did , Both plastic cases were crack from end to end. In all my years of buying from the mint this is the first time, I had to send something back... Any of you ever had to returned something to them?

I have returned clad proof sets 2 this year ,, One made the trip OK, I recieved the replacement,, but the other one has never turned up!! the mint has no record of recieving the return and the insurance form for the post office is like filling out a class 3 Tax permit to own a machine gun,, it has not been acted on in 45 days now and Im about to have a problem !!!

Rick

Well, one of my two UNC sets this year came without the info card-- I thought about sending it back but didn't..to much trouble LOL.

My Silver set came last week and was fine, though I am more upset over my lewis/clark nickle set. I ordered it toward the end of May, and it said backordered and was supposed to ship on 13 June, now the website says 7 July will be the shipment date. I want my nickles!!!

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, I do this to annoy you

I have returned clad proof sets 2 this year ,, One made the trip OK, I recieved the replacement,, but the other one has never turned up!! the mint has no record of recieving the return and the insurance form for the post office is like filling out a class 3 Tax permit to own a machine gun,, it has not been acted on in 45 days now and Im about to have a problem !!!

Rick

Case in point for why I never buy from the mint. When they make a mistake, as any coin seller is apt to do, you have no recourse. The mint isn't a business, it's a part of a federal bureau and, as such, is unaccountable for its errors. The USPS is as unaccountable and as hard to deal with in the case of their errors, but I have little choice but to deal with them on a regular basis.

Case in point for why I never buy from the mint.  When they make a mistake, as any coin seller is apt to do, you have no recourse.  The mint isn't a business, it's a part of a federal bureau and, as such, is unaccountable for its errors.  The USPS is as unaccountable and as hard to deal with in the case of their errors, but I have little choice but to deal with them on a regular basis.

Recently at auction, someone had either a mint or proof set containing errors. The errors weren't the bidding draw, though. The mint had included the wrong COA, replaced it (so now it contains 2 COA's), and a HANDWRITTEN letter of apology. That in itself should be copyrighted. Anyone else catch that? Wonder what it closed at?

I returned a Silver Proof Set a couple of years ago. It was a bit of a bumpy ride because the Mint "lost" my return, but I also forgot to use their return label that came from their original package. They made good on everything and even covered my shipping and I got a decent set (the original one had a problem with one of the coins).