CoinPeople.com

Nice Christmas Find!!

fjrosetti

Opened a new roll of Minnesota quarters and right there before me, one with the missing obverse (Washington) clad layer. Just the pretty red copper middle showing. Weight is far less than a regular quarter and it is completely BU!! Wonder what this is worth?

Worth a lot! My guess is anywhere from $300 to as high as $700 if you find the right buyer. I would seal it in an airtight holder for now so the copper stays red. I would also recommend having it slabbed so it stays nice and red for a long time.

Opened a new roll of Minnesota quarters and right there before me, one with the missing obverse (Washington) clad layer. Just the pretty red copper middle showing. Weight is far less than a regular quarter and it is completely BU!!  Wonder what this is worth?

Are you going to keep it or ebay it?

Thanks all!

Sorry though, no photo at this time.

Right now my 'Christmas find' is safely within an airtight. Will be sending it to ANACS shortly for authentication and grading. Expect a grade of MS63 or 64.

Once back to me, don't know yet if I will ebay it or keep it. This is far and away the best coin I have ever found. And yes, this error coin was in an unopened, brand new Minnesota quarters roll!! :ninja:

Archived