CoinPeople.com

What did Santa Bring?

jtryka

Well, I got a few coins for Christmas, but this one is the most intriguing since I have no idea what it is! It is from Paraguay and appears to be silver. It has an interesting lettered edge and is about the diameter of a silver dollar. The obverse is pretty boring, but the reverse is very cool. If any of you world coin experts can lend a hand with info on this one I'd appreciate it. I'll post photos below, and if you got something neat for Christmas why not share it with us?

pararev.JPG

paraobv.JPG

Well, I got a few coins for Christmas, but this one is the most intriguing since I have no idea what it is!  It is from Paraguay and appears to be silver.  It has an interesting lettered edge and is about the diameter of a silver dollar.  The obverse is pretty boring, but the reverse is very cool.  If any of you world coin experts can lend a hand with info on this one I'd appreciate it.  I'll post photos below, and if you got something neat for Christmas why not share it with us?

[

Appears to be Paraguay, KM #29, 4th term of President Stroessner, .720 silver, 1968, mintage 250,000

No coins, but some coin-related stuff:

From the General Discussion Forum:

Finns open presents on the Eve. I got some more coin related stuff: a new Hartberger notebook, some 2x2s, a Lidner coin tray (50mm to fit my crowns) and a simple caliper. Tomorrow we leave to visit the in-laws where the gift giving will continue. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!! :ninja:

At the in-laws: a book entitled "Raha Suomessa Ennen Euroa" by Tuukka Talvio. (Money in Finland Before the Euro).

gallery_18_104_106624.jpg

WWII Colorized Eagle Set

I didn't have the heart to tell Mom that I don't collect these things and that she probably got ripped off at the cost. I have told her not to buy anything from Littleton, but I don't think she's listening to me. :ninja: She could tell I was disappointed though. ;)

Archived