CoinPeople.com

Missing Country

I note when dowloading my coins, that, although there is a country name for Scotland and Ireland, there is no country England. As I collect hammered English pennies, I find I have to class them as belonging to 'The United Kingdom'. This is misleading as the coins are English and the United Kingdom did not exist in the period! :ninja:

• 6 months later...
I note when dowloading my coins, that, although there is a country name for Scotland and Ireland, there is no country England. As I collect hammered English pennies, I find I have to class them as belonging to 'The United Kingdom'. This is misleading as the coins are English and the United Kingdom did not exist in the period! :ninja:

I agree. The United Kingdom is NOT England any more than it is Scotland. Scotland has its own listing.....as does Jersey. Now THAT is a bit ironic. Great, but a bit ironic none the less. :lol:

I was going to raise this issue myself but on checking this forum I see you beat me to it, so i'll add my voice to yours and maybe we can raise a whisper to the earlobes of those concerned.

Guest Aidan Work

The Scots did rule England,but it was from 1603,when King James VI of Scotland succeeded to the throne as King James I of England.

Aidan.

Look at the government. The Scots still rule the English! :ninja:

Well....there's no arguing with that observation. :lol:

We could debate the finer points of Tony vs. Prescott vs. Brown et al till the cows come home and to little advantage. But what we all agree on is that we would like to see England gaining recognition as a country in its own right and added to the omnicoin list.

:cry:

Archived