CoinPeople.com

Proof/Mint Sets

Tiffibunny

Anyone collect mint/proof sets from around the world? I am trying for a collection from specific years, 1974 (birth) and 1992 (graduation). I may expand that if I ever... 1. Get married or 2. Have a child or multiple children. :ninja:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I do not specifically buy mint sets. Sometimes I get one only to crack it open :ninja: so that I can fill some "holes" in my collection ...

There are some sets that I do not open this way - my annual set from the German Numismatic Office, for example, and a few, very few, others. But I do not buy sets in order to have sets from any special years.

Christian

I collect world proof sets from 1972. When looking for a particular year you have to search around alot more. And they are no where near as common as US sets, which you can get anywhere. I was watching a few on eBay and missed when they closed, and they went for a low price too.

I haven't been able to find any dealers that carry a large assortment of world sets. If you know of any, please let me know.

I was watching a few for 1972 last week a Malta set went for $15.49 including shipping, a Great Britain set went for $7.25 including shipping. Those are 2 of the ones I missed out on bidding. I haven't checked any lately to see what is listed.

I was watching a few for 1972 last week a Malta set went for $15.49 including shipping, a Great Britain set went for $7.25 including shipping. Those are 2 of the ones I missed out on bidding. I haven't checked any lately to see what is listed.

Not sure how picky you are, but be careful about the old-type British proof sets (prior to 1983). the majority of them tend to tone, and not always attractively.

Only from 2 countries: Finland and US. I have no intention of going to buy back years of US sets except for a specific few. Finn sets I intend to collect all of them. That is possible because official Mint sets began only in 1973, and proof sets in 1994.

• 4 weeks later...

905591.jpg

Oh, I have gotten my first one. I have 3 more sets on the way. 1974 Swiss Mint set, 1974 Singapore Mint set, and a 1992 Latvian Mint set. I will post them when they arrive.

I just realized how few coins I have from 1974, and no big silver!!! I need help. :ninja:

I just realized how few coins I have from 1974, and no big silver!!!  I need help.  :ninja:

Yeah, you can't neglect yourself

Didn't realize it until just now, but I do have a small collection of Proof/Mint sets from non-US countries.

1976 Israel Mint Set

1971 Greek Coin Set

1998 China Proof Set

1999 China Proof Set

1993 Netherlands Mint Set

1993 Netherlands Antilles Mint Set

1978 Sweden Mint Set

1967 Canadian Uncirculated Set

1992 Canadian Proof Set

Didn't realize it until just now, but I do have a small collection of Proof/Mint sets from non-US countries.

1976 Israel Mint Set

1971 Greek Coin Set

1998 China Proof Set

1999 China Proof Set

1993 Netherlands Mint Set

1993 Netherlands Antilles Mint Set

1978 Sweden Mint Set

1967 Canadian Uncirculated Set

1992 Canadian Proof Set

Post some pics if you can.

Here are some more of mine:

2003 Australia 50th Anniversary of the Korean War:

906481.jpg

2000 Japan proof Coin & Medal 2nd Series

906472.jpg

1998 Japan Nagano 3rd Series - 2 coins silver and ni-cupro set:

906708.jpg

1992 Malaysia silver proof set

906490.jpg

1990 China 10 yuan silver panda

906671.jpg

1985 UK proof set

906497.jpg

1967 Russia 50th Anniversary of the Great October Revolution set

906506.jpg

More Russian mint sets could be seen here:

Soviet silver mint sets:

http://www.coinpeople.com/Now-you-know-why...tage-t6028.html

Other Soviet mint sets:

http://www.coinpeople.com/The-oddity-of-sets-t6136.html

And I still have some more somewhere... (ahahaha :ninja: )

I have all the Yugoslavian Mint sets, from 1982 to 2005.

Also have a Lithuanian set from 1991, a Kazakhstan set from 1993.

Somewhere or another around here I have a dozen or so Canadian PL sets.

Got half a dozen UK proof sets, and about that many Mint sets, too. These will probably be one of my focus areas for 2006.

Archived