CoinPeople.com

Which One Would You Buy

jlueke

Which of these four coins do you like best?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these four coins do you like best?

#1 one.jpg

#2 two.jpg

#3 three.jpg

#4 four.jpg

I think I like the portrait best on #3 but the reverse bets on #4. Need to be able to create a mule :ninja:

I voted for three based on the eye appeal of the coin, the portrait is a bit less cartoonish etc.

Cartoonish is a very good description of the portraiture fo #1,#2, and #4. Part of the point of this collection is to show the evolution and devolution of portraiture. So the simple cartoonish pieces might serve that point better. Ideally I think I want one of these that matches in style relatively closely to a nice Centenionalis of Constantine.

3 - 2 - 1 - 4

Let us know what you get (I did not think late RE was in your collecting area).

Everything is in my area

:ninja:

But, my primary goal is going to be an evolutionary portraiture set. At least from archaic Greek rperesentations of deities to the early Byzantine period.

Then I will either be tempted to proceed into the more recent past, or else one of the reverse types will speak to me. Ships on coins would be good too later, but first things first. It will take a few years to get the portraits. I am also trying to get different denominations with each purchase...

This set is really hard. I love that #4 reverse but the #3 obverse. Overall, I might like #1 the best. Maybe I should look at Diocletian...

Sol rules! (I'm partial... besides, I've never seen one with head of Serapis)

#1 looks a bit odd to me

#2 - Jupiter pieces in higher grades are seen often enoungh that I wouldn't go for it given same price as others. Although I usually see Constantine and Licinius.

#3- Actually, I would if gone for it if I wasn't biased. I like follii.

Sol rules! (I'm partial... besides, I've never seen one with head of Serapis)

#1 looks a bit odd to me

#2 - Jupiter pieces in higher grades are seen often enoungh that I wouldn't go for it given same price as others. Although I usually see Constantine and Licinius.

#3- Actually, I would if gone for it if I wasn't biased. I like follii.

You convinced me. Hopefully it will arrive in time. I'll image it once I get it and see if I can get the quality close to CNGs.

I like two, three would be a close second.

One and four are about the same, nice coins but they aren't of the quality of the middle two.

#2 and #3 were both Glenn Woods. He is one dealer I come to again and again when looking at nice stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived