CoinPeople.com

What do you think of these "SPITTING BUFFALO" die

errorist

I like the cracks, although I'm not sure why :ninja: But I''m not crazy about the nomenclature, which seems to be geared toward attracting popularity and, therefore, price.

I do think that your specialization area - proof die cracks - is pretty interesting. I know this is a bit astray of this post's topic, but have you seen a Kennedy die crack as I described in this earlier post

in a proof version?

I like the cracks, although I'm not sure why :ninja:  But I''m not crazy about the nomenclature, which seems to be geared toward attracting popularity and, therefore, price.

I do think that your specialization area - proof die cracks - is pretty interesting.  I know this is a bit astray of this post's topic, but have you seen a Kennedy die crack as I described in this earlier  post

in a proof version?

As bad is sounds they call that the Oswald Kennedy. I have many of them and in different years.

I got a Buffalo (new version) with a die crack coming from the top of his head to the legend (about the 3 o'clock position). Can I call this lonely buffalo a "Two Horned Buffalo"? :ninja: And yes I would normally over look a die crack, but it's placement and the recent upsurgance to acquire these odd ball placed die cracks spurned me to hold on to this one. And yes, I thought of the name after seeing all the other names for various die cracks. But, is it wrong to give a coin (variety) a name? I mean everybody knows what coin I refer to when I say the KING of Doubled Dies don't they? Also, if anyone has seen my double clipped Sac, well I call it my "Bow Tie" Dollar (the post still may visible on these forums). And that is only from the positions of the clips. Sheesh, leave it to me to bring up a debate this early in the morning (9am here). LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had forgotten about this thread and then I got this in change the other day...

sbq3ft.jpg

forget the crappy pic...this is the part I wanted to show you...

sbqcu3fl.jpg

This crack (actually two of them) is not more than a hair line - it's amazing that I spotted it right away :ninja:

Archived