CoinPeople.com

1904O Morgan

Dads Stuff

Several people comment on the small size of my pics. However, I have dialup and share the computer with 2 teens. When I try to load bigger pics to the host, I time out.

I thought it about time to post a beauty or two.

Thats a perty good strike for an "O", these are usualy struck weaker than the other mints. Hardly any chatter on the face & field,and great detail to the hair, from the photo, Ill agree 65........It looks so good in fact, I wish I had it in hand!, it just may go 66? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like an excellent coin.Seems to have good(seemingly full lustre) so why not higher than MS 63/64?

Lovely.

I like the coin very much. It appears to have very few bag marks. The face is clear and I can not find any wear. The highlights from the lighting lead me to believe it has good luster and will display "cartwheel" luster well. I'd have to say at least MS64 maybe 65. I'd never rate anything higher without having it in my hand.

Looks to be a great coin.

That would be a coin I'd have a dealer check out. If it is a high enough grade you may think about sending it in for grading. Price difference can be VERY big on some. As you may know, New Orleans Morgans are not always struck very well.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean:

MS63 - $44

MS64 - $60

MS65 - $155

Amazing what one point can mean. This was taken from PCGS price guide.

Amazing what one point can mean. This was taken from PCGS price guide.

Tell me about it, many times one point on a Saint can mean a 4-figure bump in price! This coin seems really nice for an O-mint Morgan, my first inclination was MS-64, but it might go higher with such a nice strike.

Archived