CoinPeople.com

Toned coins

2coins

Iam a collector of toned coins and lately have seen these prices explode!.Common date Morgan dollars for about $65.00 selling for $200.00 and more!!!Yes I'll pay a preimium for them if nice, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.This TREND may last for a short time (prices), becouse collectors will not pay those prices some dealers are asking, Ive seen some dealers that just sell toned coins!, a little nitch they found. Yes nice coins but how far will you go $$$$???????????????? :ninja:

Ok, Ill look, PM sent. :ninja:

Heh I was just kidding.

Prices are crazy. Have you seen Ebay? Holy Molly! If it has a little pretty pink on it the thing sells for $100 even if it is AT

I'd pay "stupid money" for nicely toned UNC pre-decimal Brits, especially Victoria and George IV :ninja:

I have bought some coins just for the toning. In general, though, most of the toning I like doesn't bring the huge premiums. I like darker toning or subtle rim toning or lighter, pastel toning. Most of the bright, wild, psychedelic colors that bring the big money, I don't that care much for.

I don't look for coins coins with toning. If they have a nice subtle tone like Stu says that's fine, but I don't go looking for it, nor pay a premium if it has it.

I just look for coins with the right look, and anyway most of the coins I now can afford are in the F -AU range.

I'd pay "stupid money" for nicely toned UNC pre-decimal Brits, especially Victoria and George IV :lol:

Well just for you AuldFartte ;)

1911_Proof_shilling_rev.jpg

And here's one for Simon, since he likes red toning on coins so much - on a 6 pence no less :ninja:

1911_Proof_6_pence.rev.jpg

It would take a good bit more than "stupid money" to get either out of my hands ;)

WoW!, Nice Brit toned coin!!I lovem toned crazy but will shop around, as some of you stated that some like semi-toned, some like white, and the same goes for dealer-collectors I know. To each his own but in this hobbie the money out of my wallet matters, and refuse to pay tremendous amounts for common toned coins. :ninja:

Archived