CoinPeople.com

Nice die cracks

daggit

Yes sir very nice.....don't tell us the year, but I bet I'll be able to guess it later after I get back to the house and find mine that is just like that. Right now I am thinking 1960, but I am not too sure just yet.

Yes 1960, was too lazy too post a pic of both sides (slacker!) but there is also a small die crack on the other side running though the D in "DE".

Yup, sounds familiar to my example at home. Right now I am not sure or not, but it may have a repunched date as well. But like I said, I am at work and thus I can't look at mine and verify.

If you like die cracks, I have seen a die crack running rim to rim on a 1973 (can't remember mintmark) Lincoln cent and a 1973 (again can't remember mintmark) Jefferson Nickel. These rim to rim die cracks were easily noticeable (they were thick) And well, I had the Jeff nickel and sold it on eBay for somewhere around $50 (in VF) (not bad for a $3 purchase) :ninja:. The cent went for something around 150 or so. These die cracks were on the reverses. So, always keep your eyes peeled!

Yup, sounds familiar to my example at home. Right now I am not sure or not, but it may have a repunched date as well. But like I said, I am at work and thus I can't look at mine and verify.

If you like die cracks, I have seen a die crack running rim to rim on a 1973 (can't remember mintmark) Lincoln cent and a 1973 (again can't remember mintmark) Jefferson Nickel. These rim to rim die cracks were easily noticeable (they were thick) And well, I had the Jeff nickel and sold it on eBay for somewhere around $50 (in VF) (not bad for a $3 purchase) :ninja:. The cent went for something around 150 or so. These die cracks were on the reverses. So, always keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks I will, I got the Centavo, 1963 1 Ore and a meat ration token (Canadian) from WW II FOR $1.00 at an antique store. There is something funny with the 9 and 6 in the date on the Centavo but I can't capture it on camera.

Neat! BTW, the meat ration tokens ocassionally show up in original unopened boxes. But the used ones are much cooler since they were actually part of history rather than obsecurely sitting in some corner for decades.

Archived