CoinPeople.com

Do You Have a Pocket Coin?

Scottishmoney

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a nickel silver (german silver) coin I made in metals class (see my omnicoin) and off and on I carry a copy 1795 small eagle draped bust dollar. I don't recall a time in the last 7 or so years there wasn't at least one coin in my pocket. I had three 2 pfennigs from the 1800's in my wallet for a while, but I turned those into tie pins and lapel pins lol.

Today I bought what I call a small "Challenge Coin" at Battleship Cove in Fall River, MA. It is a USS Massachusetts Challenge Coin in my opinion, but the price tag says BB-59 Pocket Coin.

Just thought it was interesting to mention since the label says "Pocket Coin".

Didn't someone a while back say they were going to experiment with the new dollars to see how they wore? How's that going? (I ask because I was trying to do the same thing and now it's just sitting at the bottom of my change purse)

Also, I don't know if I could convince myself to keep ASE's, Peace's and WLH's with my pocket change. Every *clink* would grate on me. --> coming from someone who only has one of each <--

Also, I don't know if I could convince myself to keep ASE's, Peace's and WLH's with my pocket change. Every *clink* would grate on me. --> coming from someone who only has one of each <--

Why not use something more commen like an Ike like Dock, or a 1964 silver half or quarter? Even a liberty half can be had at silver from most dealers, just ask to check thier junk silver, I got a few from the teens out of the "junk" bins a few times, and recently out of the junk quarters I picked up 3 barbers, 8 standing liberty, and 12 bright blazing unc washies from the 50's. Just keep an eye out and some harder to come by coins can be had at great prices for your pocket coin.....or regular collection. :ninja:

Well I've upgraded my pocket piece to pocket pieces.

Currently:

1921 Morgan - Previously polished so I'm wearing it back down to a normal look.

2006 ASE - Has a tanish color tone around the rims now. Been through the wash at least a dozen times.

1967 Kennedy - Because I can

1937 Walker - Previously cleaned. Want it back to the normal look.

Every so often I'll toss a Mercury Dime in for fun. They are great conversation pieces.

And if you are wondering, yes I carry them all at the same time, same pocket.

For the last month Libby has been traveling with Pocket piece Ike. She stays in her 2x2 most of the time so she dosent get dinged.

I had no idea that the Ike wasn't the size of a normal silver dollar :ninja:

I had no idea that the Ike wasn't the size of a normal silver dollar :ninja:

Isn't Libby a 2 oz silver round? At anyrate an Ike is the exact size of any US dollar coin minted from the Gobrecht to the peace.

Isn't Libby a 2 oz silver round? At anyrate an Ike is the exact size of any US dollar coin minted from the Gobrecht to the peace.

:ninja: phew... that's what I thought. Thanks, Vfox, and happy birthday!

Archived