CoinPeople.com

how to know if a spanish 1776 8R coin is genuine.

philcarver

Don't do it. Just my humble opinion.

Why on Earth would you do business with someone from Malaysia when there are reputable members of the collecting dealership community in your own town or state, or region? If you want microchips or palm oil, Malaysia is your marketplace. If you want coins, find an ANA member coin dealer near you.

Why on Earth would you do business with someone from Malaysia when there are reputable members of the collecting dealership community in your own town or state, or region?  If you want microchips or palm oil, Malaysia is your marketplace.  If you want coins, find an ANA member coin dealer near you.

If you believe you can trust the person, you can deal with anyone anywhere for coins. I have bought and sold coins numerous times to people in Russia, Ukraine, Nepal, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan etc, and have never had a bad experience. Do your homework, be on the alert and be open to the possibilities that not everybody is a bad person out to get you.

There is a lot of spanish 8R coins on ebay,it is in Malaysia.Is there any way of tell if they are fake before you actually buy them.You loose the shipping both ways if you send them back,and thats 40.00.Thanks Phil

I wouldn't touch one of those with Roy's 20 ft pole !!

Phil - if you are interested in Spanish colonial coinage - it would be my pleasure to suggest a trustworthy dealer or two who specialize in them. Just send me a PM or email.

Thanks everyone,I really value all of you as numismatic friends.I have a very good contact in Peru that I have dealt with for quite some time,but I was thinking of branching out a little more.The only reason for that is as we say here"More bang for the buck".Larger quantity,lower price.My Peru contact does'n deal much in large lots.Thanks again for the help.Phil

Archived