CoinPeople.com

1948 Cinco Peso Coin

Dads Stuff

CincoPesoobv.JPGCincoPesorev.JPG

Trying to get information about the value and composition of this coin. 

Thanks.

Linda

This one is fairly easy as the coin itself provides the info, though in Spanish: :ninja:

30 grams of .900 silver.

I acquired one like this myself for about $13 (shipping included in that figure) in BU (brilliant uncirculated) earlier this year- if that helps. ;) Not a rare coin; fairly common I believe. This specific year was minted in the tens of millions IIRC.

I've sold 20-30 of these to various members of law enforcement agencies around here [Deep East Texas] for use as badges. The coins are carved up and make impressive badges. It is a 'tradition' in Texas law enforcement to use a large Mexican silver piece for the badge.

Next year, during the ANA's National Coin Week, I would like to set up an exhibit of the various badges that have been made for law enforcement from this County. With luck, I could probably have 15 or so of them in it.

Most of them are the late-40's 5 Peso pieces; however, I do know of one US Morgan dollar as well as an 1863 8-reales piece used for badges.

Saw a few of those today at a flea market. Wanted from $10-$20 depending on grade. Attractive design though.

Were they selling? If so I need to go to the flea market and Sell. . . .

Archived