CoinPeople.com

2005 Sacagawea Business Strike Finishes

idunk

I just picked up a set of 2005 Sac. dollar business strikes and the Philly mint has a satin almost matte finish to it, while the Denver mint has a bright lusterous finish. The Philly coin is definitely from a bag and not from the mint set. Has anyone else noticed this, or is their no pattern? It really looks like two entirely different finishes. Would like to have a reverse set and label them Business Strike Var 1 & 2 just for fun. Anyone else relate to this? :ninja:

I ordered them from a dealer on ebay who said they came from a bag. I also compared some of the smaller denominations and they also show some of the same finish differences although not as distinct as the Sac. I think each mint must be doing something different in the mfg. process to be putting out such different finishes.

• 1 year later...
I just picked up a set of 2005 Sac. dollar business strikes and the Philly mint has a satin almost matte finish to it, while the Denver mint has a bright lusterous finish. The Philly coin is definitely from a bag and not from the mint set. Has anyone else noticed this, or is their no pattern? It really looks like two entirely different finishes. Would like to have a reverse set and label them Business Strike Var 1 & 2 just for fun. Anyone else relate to this? ;)

I have the same. It is lovely! :ninja:

I want to send it into be graded, but I am not sure what I should put it down as. Is it a satin or not?

Archived