CoinPeople.com

Errors or just abused

the only one that looks like an error is the first one....I would send it in tho....I think it might just be struck through heavily obstructed dies and not a trial strike...all of the trial strikes I have seen have had the design elements around the edges...but I do admit the ones I have handled were older type coins so the new presses might do this...but the flat areas look like they were struck through grease filled with metal shavings...the rest of the coins on that page IMO are just damage...

I like the Die Adjustment Strike Quarter!

I don't like the reverse "E" on the 1980P enough for me to call it a clip.

The 1980D is so messed up in other areas that I would call it after strike damage.

Same with the 1983D, there is so little of the original strike of the coin remaining it is very hard to see if there were any Blakesly Effect showing.

The 1965 looks just like a gouge from that pic.

That poor 73D... someone really hated that coin.

The first Lincoln is a pre 1982 cause that bad boy was just melted and zinc don't melt like that.

The next lincoln was burried for quite a while or at least submerged for a long time, pre 82 again.

As for the dime, unless it is wider than a normal dime then it is probably after strike damage, if it is wider then it might just be a dime struck on wrong planchet.

As for the dime, unless it is wider than a normal dime then it is probably after strike damage, if it is wider then it might just be a dime struck on wrong planchet.

Actually the Dime is smaller and Much thinner than other dimes. the lettering and such are the proper size I got no Real I dea unless it was a really undersized planchet. .

I Actually thought the Cent had been Bether in some type of Acid.

Archived