CoinPeople.com

By Date

TheKidCollector

I collect by date but only Flying Eagle, Indian Head and Large Cents from the US. Everything else is just random stuff that I have.

Who here collects coins by date?

Yup, I do - but only those from my country (Federal Republic of Germany, ie. 1949 and later). If I included coins from elsewhere, that would indeed get very expensive - so in those cases (mostly Western Europe and North America) I collect by type only. :ninja:

Christian

I collect world coins and US coins in Pre-1900,

I'm working currentyl on my Europe Pre-1900 coins, 'm only 14 and I'm a begginer, hence my name.

Who here collects Pre-1900 coins?

Thanks!

TKC!

The coins I collect tend to be pre 1900 but they also tend not to have dates :ninja:

I'm working currentyl on my Europe Pre-1900 coins, 'm only 14 and I'm a begginer, hence my name.

Thanks!

TKC!

I collect Dutch coins by date, and I collect coins from other countries by type/variety/mintmark

Thanks!

TKC!

Let me just say that I am well beyond all hope of redemption.

I collect coins by country, by denomination, by date AND by mint mark.

I started off collecting UK crowns....then foreign crown size silver...then anything and everything.

My downfall into complete anorakdom was accomplished upon discovering the diversity of mints and coinage in France. ASfter that, I was a lost cause. For the past few years i've managed to stay (fairly) focused on that country but I sometimes stray. I even collect US coins occasionally :ninja: , but I generally find them to be about as boring as Brit coins.

From ancients to present, I prefer the diversity of continental europe. For ancients, collecting year by year is a non starter.

Ian

Let me just say that I am well beyond all hope of redemption.

I collect coins by country, by denomination, by date AND by mint mark.

I started off collecting UK crowns....then foreign crown size silver...then anything and everything.

I think I am heading in the reverse direction compared to you. :ninja:

My downfall into complete anorakdom was accomplished upon discovering the diversity of mints and coinage in France. ASfter that, I was a lost cause.

Ian

It's terrible aint it ;)

Collect by date - not really. Well except for one itsy bitsy series from the Netherlands :ninja:

I think I am heading in the reverse direction compared to you. :ninja:

More than likely. My `direction' has taken me away from hard core `coins' into the (gulp) dark chasm that is `exonumia'. Perhaps the darkest side of the `darkside'.

I am now an ardent collector of french silver jetons which I collect by type AND date (at least for some series). It can be a cold and lonely place at times. ;)

More than likely. My `direction' has taken me away from hard core `coins' into the (gulp) dark chasm that is `exonumia'. Perhaps the darkest side of the `darkside'.

I thought it was all dark ... :ninja:

I know what you mean, there's a medal in the most recent Stack's catalog that's begging to be bid on for Christmas.

Archived