CoinPeople.com

Monumental Coins

jlueke

Monumental Coins by Marvin Tameanko is a wonderful book. The subject is the depiction of buildings, bridges, and other structures on ancient Greek and Roman coins. Each of the thirty-three chapters is illustrated with numerous drawings of the coins under discussion. One hundred of the coins are also supplemented on VIII plates at the end of the book. This is truly a wonderful work, Mr. Tameanko’s passion for the subject definitely shines through. If you are interested in ancient coins, ancient architecture, or history than I recommend this book. It is no longer available form the publisher but can be readily found on the internet for a fraction of the cover price. $10-$20 for a wonderful hardbound book about coins is a deal no one should pass up.

There's one on ebay right now. The S&H charges are a little high for my taste but he is shipping via Priority Mail.

Monumental Coins Book on ebay

There's one on ebay right now. The S&H charges are a little high for my taste but he is shipping via Priority Mail.

Monumental Coins Book on ebay

Still if you get for $5 with the shipping its $15 which is pretty good. I got the one cheap one from amazon/bookfinder but there's plenty out there for under $20 with shipping.

It is a nice book for anyone with an interest in architecture, or ancient coins, of course. I found one in a used bookstore for $10-$20 and did not hestitate to buy it immediately. Condition is everything and this was like new. I gave it as a gift, actually.

Still if you get for $5 with the shipping its $15 which is pretty good.  I got the one cheap one from amazon/bookfinder but there's plenty out there for under $20 with shipping.

I certainly agree with that. I'm inclined to think that it will go for 20-30 dollars plus the shipping. We'll see. When I'm reallly interested in something on ebay, I snipe it. Don't like to drive the bidding up needlessly.

Archived