CoinPeople.com

BU CONDITION COINS

muskydude

There worth just a tad over face value,, Not much more as a whole!! the only way that any particular cent of that year could be worth more, is Graded MS-66 red and above With the best premiums being above MS-67 Red.

Good Luck, if the bag is opened the chances of finding a coin like that is Nill!!

Rick

Let me suggest another market that may net you 75 cents or a dollar a roll, if they are truly BU, ie not covered with spots or verdigris, Elongated cent collectors. They want the pre-Zinc lincolns and will often save them from circulation and clean them. SO....

There's a nice forum for elongated collectors on Yahoo. You may want to try there, or put some rolls on ebay intended for elongated fans or squished penny folks.

BU to me is Brilliant Uncirculated which apart from a few marks is exactly that.

The US grading system for Unc (uncirculated) coins narks me.

I'm given a choice of BU,BU gem,Bu Choice Gem MS63 to 70 ......Buy the BU choice gem store it in normal conditions and it becomes UNC.

and slabbing....I would rather give up Numismatics....Try collecting hammered or Greek/Roman (stupid prices abound for newish 200 yr old coins)

RANT OVER :ninja:

BU to me is Brilliant Uncirculated which apart from a few marks is exactly that.

The US grading system for Unc (uncirculated) coins narks me.

I'm given a choice of BU,BU gem,Bu Choice Gem MS63 to 70 ......Buy the BU choice gem store it in normal conditions and it becomes UNC.

and slabbing....I would rather give up Numismatics....Try collecting hammered or Greek/Roman (stupid prices abound for newish 200 yr old coins)

RANT OVER :ninja:

Sounds rather familiar... ;)