Dan769

Do you buy cleaned coins?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy cleaned coins?

• Absolutely not!
    • Sometimes if they are not harshly cleaned
    • Yes, the discount price factor outweighs the obvious cleaning

Ditto;

Rock tumblers are for cleaning rocks, not coins. Getting back on topic, I never intentionally buy cleaned coins, I have no market for them, and don't like them as part of My German collection(unless it is difficult to tell)I have wound up with a lot of coins that at one time had been cleaned or polished, but I buy them only at a big discount, as I expect not to get very much for them. A friend of mine told me today he used to work in a coin shop where the dealer had him clean coins using "poly stripper", a furniture/wood finish removal product; He apparently use to use a qtip to clean the coins, apparently it is not noticeable, but I'm going to have to do a field test soon to find out. I have coins soaking in olive oil as I post this, they have been sitting for over a month, and I can see some of the green on the coins has lifted. Trying this with 3 Canadian large cents and a roman coin, just for an experiment.

... I have coins soaking in olive oil as I post this, they have been sitting for over a month, and I can see some of the green on the coins has lifted. Trying this with 3 Canadian large cents and a roman coin, just for an experiment.

Is this for PVC green or verdigris green?

Archived