CoinPeople.com

Fake Canada Maple That Walked In Today

LostDutchman

One thing that strikes me as just as suspicious as the two fakes in a week was the fact that the first guy let you have it for "reference." I don't know about any of you, but if I bought a 1-ounce gold coin and it turned out to be a fake, I would be angry as all get out! I wouldn't just let it go and give it away for educational purposes, I would just walk right out of the shop and go straight to the police and press charges against whoever I bought it from! That to me suggests the first guy might know more about these fakes than it appears at first blush.

One thing that strikes me as just as suspicious as the two fakes in a week was the fact that the first guy let you have it for "reference."  I don't know about any of you, but if I bought a 1-ounce gold coin and it turned out to be a fake, I would be angry as all get out!  I wouldn't just let it go and give it away for educational purposes, I would just walk right out of the shop and go straight to the police and press charges against whoever I bought it from!  That to me suggests the first guy might know more about these fakes than it appears at first blush.

I would be pretty pissed too if I had something and it turned out to be fake. I too find it suspicious that someone would let it go like that for "reference" and leave. It maybe like some of these bank robbers though, some of them actually try to evade being caught but have to drop clues to make it interesting or exciting for themselves.

no.....both of them were found in a relitives things.....the first one came from a little old lady who found it in her late husbands things....and the second one came from a regular who I know very well....he thought it was fake and wanted me to confirm it... My guess is that these are old fakes and it's just chance that they turned up here so close

Archived